Home Haircuts

Venti

15 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

I've used one for a few months now, gives a really good close shave. Much closer than clippers with no guard. 

Used mines for the first time yesterday. It did indeed get it near enough down to the bone. Whilst, understandably, not as close as when I've taken a razor to it it's not far off. If I shave with a razor and give it 24 hours that's about as close the shaver itself managed to get it. I also usually shave around my neck/jaw line and keep a bit of stubble on my face. Found the shaver a bit tricky for that due to the shape of it. I usually give my hair a week before clipping it (my hair grows in fast and is quite thick) so took a good 30 minutes or so using the shaver to get it right down so the battery started to drain pretty quickly. I think going forward I'll use this every few days rather than let my hair grow in to long. Not bad for £40.

13 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
12 hours ago, Shandon Par said:
Been thinking of going for a look like Genny from Gomorrah:
Probably end up looking more like Spud.

899F4372-DE81-405E-A708-853820FAA49F.jpeg.995a5ea48474c2cbbb0e8af3450d1852.jpeg

If you do then you could always go full ciro

That's an easy enough next move if the Genny doesn't work. It's the back and sides of the Genny that looks tricky. Also, I've got a tan like a pirate just now so the white scalp is going to look a bit rough. 

17 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
12 hours ago, Shandon Par said:
Been thinking of going for a look like Genny from Gomorrah:
Probably end up looking more like Spud.

899F4372-DE81-405E-A708-853820FAA49F.jpeg.995a5ea48474c2cbbb0e8af3450d1852.jpeg

If you do then you could always go full ciro

If he does the Genny it'll look like he's went full giro, tbh. 

Edited by Dele

Had to go in to work today to catch up on some admin but there should be a new set of clippers waiting. Tried a slicked back style last night that I thought was okay but Mrs Par said it made me look like a word you can’t say on here.

There's a fella going around Dundee cutting hair for £20. I was tempted until I found out that i) he's not a fucking barber and ii) his name is that of a very famous bookmaker. 

He's not even from Dundee either, he lives in Forfar. 

4 minutes ago, Dele said:

There's a fella going around Dundee cutting hair for £20. I was tempted until I found out that i) he's not a fucking barber and ii) his name is that of a very famous bookmaker. 

He's not even from Dundee either, he lives in Forfar. 

Betfred Scissorhands?

Just now, Dele said:

I'd say "be serious" but seeing as he's from Forfar then it is actually a plausible guess. 

But wrong. 

Think I'm resigned to looking a nick.

If they remake Timecop then I'm doing it.