Home Haircuts

Venti

Usually shave my head every weekend with a set of clippers. If I'm feeling flush I'll go to the Turks for a hot shave and get it right down to the wood. If I'm feeling brave, and can be arsed, I'll take a Gillette Fusion 5 to it myself but lost count the amount of times I have I've nicked myself. I've went and bought one of those skull shavers which arrives tomorrow so quite looking forward to giving it a try. Less mess as this thing collects all the hair plus it's waterproof. Gets good reviews anyway. 

12 hours ago, Raithie said:

Usually shave my head every weekend with a set of clippers. If I'm feeling flush I'll go to the Turks for a hot shave and get it right down to the wood. If I'm feeling brave, and can be arsed, I'll take a Gillette Fusion 5 to it myself but lost count the amount of times I have I've nicked myself. I've went and bought one of those skull shavers which arrives tomorrow so quite looking forward to giving it a try. Less mess as this thing collects all the hair plus it's waterproof. Gets good reviews anyway. 

Hair clippers seem to be sold out everywhere. Going to be a nation of skinheads. 

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Hair clippers seem to be sold out everywhere. Going to be a nation of skinheads. 

My wife managed to buy clippers online (Wahl) from Sally's recently and they got delivered quickly. I've actually just had a look on their site and they were dear as f**k. Primary reason for buying them was to use on our son (not to give him a skinhead) but to attempt a 1.5 back and sides. She's surprisingly done a decent job of cutting his hair and blending it as well and reckons she might continue to just cut his hair now instead of taking him to the barbers. I did sneak a wee shot of them for my head and was less than impressed. 

I've been going for the no guard all over skinhead look for a while now, I'm constantly surprised by the amount of scars on the back of my head, growing up in Ayrshire in the 80s must've been rough, can't remember though due to what i assume is concussion. 

19 hours ago, Raithie said:

I've used one for a few months now, gives a really good close shave. Much closer than clippers with no guard. 

He looks like the sort of reeking b*****d who wears the same jeans for four days.

Not far off the truth actually, you should see the state of my jeans - arse has torn right out of them, holes in the pockets, holes in the groin - a total disgrace. New pair will have to wait until lockdown is lifted. Funnily enough I’m in Dundee as well so I’m fitting right in.

15 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Didn't really want to go full skinhead so I've attempted to just shave the sides and the back but keep.a bit of length on top.

Desired Effect - 

57f8a18450d31f5931821c01aacfef4d.jpg

Reality - 

0_JS160919264.jpg

Been thinking of going for a look like Genny from Gomorrah:
Probably end up looking more like Spud.

899F4372-DE81-405E-A708-853820FAA49F.jpeg