Favourite Non-football football songs.

The tannoy songs at FP were very specific and on the same rotation for about (what felt like) 10 years. I dunno if they are the same these days. I seem to have sub conscientiously blocked them out.

Was one of them Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves? My da is convinced they only play that when Celtic visit was to offend the away fans.

47 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

Was one of them Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves? My da is convinced they only play that when Celtic visit was to offend the away fans.

They did play that v celtic at least once

On 29/03/2020 at 22:47, Al B said:

There is actually a correct answer to this question, and it's this...

On 29/03/2020 at 23:28, Archie McSquackle said:

My moment of stardom- quite a few folk who aren't even Motherwell supporters told me they saw me in that video. Just be glad you can't actually hear me. My singing is bad enough but my voice went long before the end.

What tragedy from the resident Dossers.  I was at Fir Park when Bobby Watson, Brian Heron and Tam Donnelly each put a goal past Spurs to 'send them home' and this is what you're reduced to.

What tragedy from the resident Dossers.  I was at Fir Park when Bobby Watson, Brian Heron and Tam Donnelly each put a goal past Spurs to 'send them home' and this is what you're reduced to.
The Spurs game was slightly before my time but I'm not aware of it having any song associated with it or even 1991 or any subsequent losing cup finals.

13 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

The good old days before your head was turned?

2 hours ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

There's a Semisonic song that was played at Love St at full time when we got promoted in 2000(?).

Two decades on, still reminds me of St Mirren. 

secret smile.love it when i hear it played,instantly transferred back to 2000.

Edited by Buddie Holly

George Friedrich Handel originally wrote Zadok the Priest for George II's coronation and it's been used for every coronation since then

But it's going to confuse people when the next King gets crowned to what is now, in everybody's mind, the Champions League music

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

On 06/04/2020 at 23:17, Arch Stanton said:

"Oh <insert player's first name here> <insert player's first name here> 

<insert player's first name here> <insert player's first name here> <insert player's first name here> <insert player's first name here> 

<insert player's last name here>".

Arch Stanton’s traditional version is to be used where the player’s first name has two syllables (eg Andy) and the second name has three syllables (eg Considine)

However an alternative version used for players whose last name contained only one syllable (eg Dow). evolved among the working classes in the industrial regions during the Orwellian post-war, baby-boomer , pre-Thatcherite Renaissance , heavily influenced by the Flower Power Minimalist Beat Generation in which the final line was  changed to :-

<insert player’s first name here> <insert player’s second name here>

This song could also be sung about the opposition or one of their fans or players , possibly using a humorous variation of the player’s name 

eg  Oh Shitey , Shitey..........Shitey , Shitey, Shitey, Shitey Galloway

or Oh Spot the Looney , Spot, Spot, Spot , Spot the LunatiC

I can't make my mind up whether that song is for Willie Pettigrew or Johnny Gaghan for me although Pettigrew certainly fitted better.

The Galloway one makes me laugh. You could see he got wound up by it so it was just sung more often at every away ground in particular. I'm sure I've seen old highlights where it comes across loud and clear.