Motherwell v Dundee Utd, 1991

Busta Nut

So Jackson and Clark definitely got a 1 match ban, both started the 2nd game of the season. It seems there was a bit of a crisis at United at the start of the season.

"Recently, however, we have had more than our fair share of indiscipline both on and off the park. The Cup Final incidents and antics in Holland left us ridiculously short of personnel for such an important game. Through one reason or another we were lacking the availability of no less than ten players for Celtic's visit."

Possible McInally only got a 1 match ban too. He missed the first 6 league games and 3 league cup games before starting vs Rangers. But the match report says he was coming back from injury so impossible to tell from just the line ups. I wonder what the antics in Holland were.

On 29/03/2020 at 19:55, David W said:

I love the "Route to the final" advertising boards.

I have just watched the first half today and I was  puzzled at all these boards. It's only when I spotted Airdrieonians that I had a clue about the "route to the final" but I honestly don't remember that game/defeat. Need to go to Wiki. So far I boo every time I see Davie Sime. I did not watch it on TV back then and even now it was quite a physical first half-there would have been many yellow cards by half time in our "modern game".  Ian Angus was a Chapelhall boy so I had reluctantly supported Motherwell (just)No screen clock either so it was like being there- forgot I could FF to incidents and RW as well as pause! Will watch the rest tomorrow

1 hour ago, Chapelhall chap said:

No screen clock either so it was like being there

Well, apart from the big one they chucked on screen every now and again that looked like something from a 1970's Jeux Sans Frontière. I remember thinking it looked antiquated 30 years ago, and wondering where they'd got it from as I don't remember seeing it on anything else before or since.

20 hours ago, Gallus Numpty said:

Well, apart from the big one they chucked on screen every now and again that looked like something from a 1970's Jeux Sans Frontière. I remember thinking it looked antiquated 30 years ago, and wondering where they'd got it from as I don't remember seeing it on anything else before or since.

Finally caught up today and bizarrely I had not noticed that big clock in the first half. When you pointed it out to me that was about all I did see today. How physical was that game? : it was as if the Ref had decided to keep the game moving no matter what-maybe the new rules protect players more these days but on the other hand they all seemed to just get on with the situation and not roll around a la Neymar.  Have enjoyed reading all the posts on here. Discovered on Wiki that we lost 0-2 at Tannadice  but can't remember if I was there on the day.