Motherwell v Dundee Utd, 1991

Busta Nut

It was actually brilliant fun to watch that - I've not watched the full 90 in years. To see a team again with Cooper, Arnott and O'Donnell - 3 of my all time favourites - was a total treat.

Given that both McClean's were known as tactical managers - that game was just a mad war of attrition with everyone just getting carried away.

Brilliant game. A wide gamut of players on display. Quite a few would go onto big money moves, International caps and further trophies.

Mental first yellow card wasn't until second period of exrmtra-time.

3 minutes ago, Swello said:

It was actually brilliant fun to watch that - I've not watched the full 90 in years. To see a team again with Cooper, Arnott and O'Donnell - 3 of my all time favourites - was a total treat.

Given that both McClean's were known as tactical managers - that game was just a mad war of attrition with everyone just getting carried away.

it is a really cracking game of football for the time. Not ruined by constant back passes or ridiculous offside traps.

Ref let almost everything so it was a right good battle

Top that off with some absolutely belting goals. And Ally Maxwell heroically playing through injuries and making a wonder save.

Even the tactical stuff was there united switching between a back 3 and back 4. Motherwell shuffling the midfield around quite a bit too.

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

it is a really cracking game of football for the time. Not ruined by constant back passes or ridiculous offside traps.

Ref let almost everything so it was a right good battle

Top that off with some absolutely belting goals. And Ally Maxwell heroically playing through injuries and making a wonder save.

Even the tactical stuff was there united switching between a back 3 and back 4. Motherwell shuffling the midfield around quite a bit too.

Didn’t remember McCart at right back early on, then Nijholt in midfield/everywhere

What's the line up for the next four episodes of this? There's six according to iPlayer but I can't see which games are coming.

They'll show a Rangers win and a Celtic win to uphold some sort of feudal law. I'll just dodge those.

Unless they bottle it, they'll surely show Hibs.

Leaves one slot to fill.

I'd love to see Aberdeen smashing Rangers 4-1 in 1982. Alex Miller kicking himself and falling over, McLeish curling one in from King's Park Station platform, Neale Cooper tapping one into an empty goal ever so gently. I was only three at the time but I seek to remember it clearly!!

5 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

What's the line up for the next four episodes of this? There's six according to iPlayer but I can't see which games are coming.

They'll show a Rangers win and a Celtic win to uphold some sort of feudal law. I'll just dodge those.

Unless they bottle it, they'll surely show Hibs.

Leaves one slot to fill.

I'd love to see Aberdeen smashing Rangers 4-1 in 1982. Alex Miller kicking himself and falling over, McLeish curling one in from King's Park Station platform, Neale Cooper tapping one into an empty goal ever so gently. I was only three at the time but I seek to remember it clearly!!

They show Hibs vs Rangers but make up for it with the 2002 final Rangers 3-2 Celtic.

Not sure what Celtic win is a "classic" final. Maybe one of the late wins against Aberdeen or Dunfermline.