How are we all doing?

Just now, welshbairn said:

I've got flights and hotels booked for a Euro 2020 trip booked which I'll obviously have to postpone, even without the football, and a cottage in North Wales in July for a festival in a place I know a lot of people, but will probably have to postpone that too as I'm fairly high risk, even if the festival still happens. Should be safe to drive down to Wales by September though at least.

Reckon the July festival will be called off soon. Surprised it hasn't been already.

I imagine you'll be fine to drive down in September, but as I say, just my opinion.

10 minutes ago, Geez a Braco said:

What's the best actions via cancelling/doing nothing?  

Got the following booked this summer:  

May  Return flight to dublin (ryanair)  
June  Caravan holiday Haven 
July  Return flights turkey (ryanair, golf)  

They're being much cooler than usual about postponing or cancelling for vouchers, ie. no charges, but if you want to cancel and get your cash back you usually need to wait for them to cancel first, so it's a bit like playing chicken. I'd say you've a good chance of Turkey going ahead, Caravan holiday and Dublin very unlikely, so wait for them to cancel first.

Edited by welshbairn

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Reckon the July festival will be called off soon. Surprised it hasn't been already.

I imagine you'll be fine to drive down in September, but as I say, just my opinion.

It's all guess work, nobody knows.

I’m struggling mentally/emotionally quite a bit. There’s no work to keep my brain occupied and I’m constantly worried about my parents. Both would fall into the ‘high-risk’ category and I imagine their chances of making it would be slim to none if they ended up with the virus. I keep contemplating the possibility that I might not see them again.

2 weeks of self quarantine done another 10 to go... 
Definitely bored now. Hoping to get my work laptop next week to add bit of structure to my life. 
Kids are doing okay as the weather has been good up here so managing to get out in the garden every day. 
Have started baking more and already done bread, scotch pancakes and tattie scones. Shortbread next.

Glad to hear you and your family are doing well with all of this.

Make sure your work laptop is fully free of any virus by pouring bleach all over it and putting it in the microwave for four or five minutes.

3 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

Strange times indeed.

If you don't mind sharing - some of us have done so already. 

Are we struggling, getting by? Off work, on the sick, in limbo?

A thread for maybe looking after each other instead of, well just instead of...

Nice thread, Gus.

I'm with by eldest and it's actually OK.  She has a lot of Uni work which keeps her busy during the day and we play board games/cards in the evening and she's picking up cribbage well.  

5 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I'm coping. Beer, YouTube and Tinder are keeping me going. Hope everyone else is doing ok and if anyone feels shite and fancies a chat just message me. ASL first please.

Your Tinder profile pic better be a still of your famous goal celebration

What's the best actions via cancelling/doing nothing?  

Got the following booked this summer:  

May  Return flight to dublin (ryanair)  
June  Caravan holiday Haven 
July  Return flights turkey (ryanair, golf)  
We had a booking through eurocamp and they cancelled no problem and gave us all money bar 99 quid deposit bsck. More than happy with that. Email them and see what they can do

You must seek solace in that the cannot catch this if they stay in their house/garden.    Then take measures to ensure this.   

Get their food delivered to them.  If the supermarket cannot control then the local farm shop will.   If you can afford it then worry not if it costs a little bit more.   

Your parent's have a likely 20 years ahead of them - tell them to sit tight for the next few months.    X  

They live in Perth and I live in London, so it makes things a bit more difficult and I feel less in control of the situation. All I can do is keep talking to them on the phone and try my best to ensure they’re following the measures you’ve just mentioned. But ultimately, I don’t fully trust them to stay in the house regardless of how much I insist.

Don't we all live on an island ?

Doing alright until I hear things like it night be like this until October.   Will have to grin and bare it.  Quite lucky that I live on an island so the risk of catching it is lower.  Still a long way to go though.  
Once it's over, will we be able to talk to ex cons about what is was like getting released?