How are we all doing?

This has just felt like an adult version of my school holidays- most years we couldn't afford to go anywhere so it was weeks of boredom for me mostly.

I'm doing not bad actually, still plenty of stuff to do in the house to be ignored while I post/read shite on P&B instead

My new vacuum cleaner has arrived after the Dyson gave up on life.

The new one is a shark in shiny black with led headlights. What a machine it is as well, it'll suck a golf ball out a garden hose. 

23 minutes ago, pub car king said:

My new vacuum cleaner has arrived after the Dyson gave up on life.

The new one is a shark in shiny black with led headlights. What a machine it is as well, it'll suck a golf ball out a garden hose. 

Mine cost £30 from argos and doesn't suck balls from houses.

Struggling to get bags for it now,  might have to splash out on a new Hoover.

• 2 years later...

Bump

Well, how did we all do?

We survived, although my wife caught Covid from my stepdaughter's arsehole of an ex partner. Myself and our daughter escaped unscathed.

After vaccinations started we were a bit more adventurous but still kept ourselves to ourselves, really our only outings were going shopping or the two ladies getting their hair/nails/eyebrows done, very little visiting of stepdaughters. (Our other "outing" were trips to the GP/hospital.) Stayed at one of the stedaughter's , but I was house sitting and there was nobody there, other than Jack for half the time. And 2 dogs. And 4 cats. And 3 hens. And 20 or so sheep.

My wife's eldest sister has resumed her weekly/fortnightly visit.

I got used to staying in and am quite content sitting in the house, tbh.

Our daughter is back at the Day Centre 2 days a week which has been a real boost for her.

Overall, a bit of a change from 3 years ago,but happy enough.

Not sure to be honest. Knackered mostly, extremes of high and low mentally, generally in good shape physically but not really getting out much apart from going to the football. Work was utterly horrendous for 3 or 4 years, manageable now but find it next to impossible to motivate myself to do much a lot of the time. Stopped drinking in April which has definitely had a positive effect on my mentality and general mental health, but haven’t really found anything that replaces the stress release aspect that my binge tendencies acted as.

The three of us avoided it, a couple of family here caught it (probably more but nobody got tested as it wasn't free) and a few of the family back in Scotland caught it, some more than once.  Who knows, maybe we had it but didn't know it!

We still have to wear masks in some buildings and my son finally returned to classes after 2 1/2 years of online 3 weeks ago. 

I don't think we have suffered any mental health issues, my wife is no more crazy now than she was before! 

Edited by hk blues

We managed to avoid it. Oddly, covid proved to be quite a positive professionally for me. But in every other way it sucked. 

My neighbours wife died during the pandemic. Only 6 allowed at the funeral, all distanced and no party. That must have been so hard for him. 

So glad it is over. 

My wife and I managed to avoid Covid; our elder son, his partner and our granddaughter have all had it with mild symptoms; our younger son has avoided it.

We don’t know anyone personally who has died or been hospitalised but know folk indirectly who it’s happened to.

I’ve had Covid four times. First time it buggered up a birthday trip to Fuerteventura which still grates on me.

Some (minor) strange things going on with my heart, digestive and respiratory systems now that I think may be covid related but the doctors put down as more lifestyle/ageing related. (ie stop drinking ya fat mess).  

Definitely not going out as much, entertaining friends at home most weekends. 

Lacking motivation at work and self destructively piling more stress on myself for not getting shit done.  Need to break that cycle sharpish but fear it could now be the New Year before I’ll action it. 

Went for my flu/covid jabs yesterday but someone had taken not well in the health centre; it was queued out the door so mission aborted and to be rearranged. 

On the plus side, moved house to a more rural position, the dog is getting his legs walked off him and my 6-month average step count is about to break the 10k/day barrier. 

Had Covid twice, first time wasn’t too bad second time felt horrendous and was ill for 3/4 days. 

Everyone else in the family came through pretty much unscathed, my nephew was born in the middle of the first lockdown so was brutal not getting to see him for a while. 

Moved out of my parents house and bought my own flat in May last year. Lockdowns and pubs being shut helped the savings to achieve this 😂

Got no motivation at work whatsoever, been actively looking for another role but nothing excites me. 

30 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Moved out of my parents house and bought my own flat in May last year. Lockdowns and pubs being shut helped the savings to achieve this 😂

I'm in a similar position, was always renting and couldn't get the funds together for a deposit on a mortgage. During Covid we were getting double time overtime, plenty of time to work since I had nowhere to go and nothing to do and no money getting spent down the pub every weekend finally got me enough money to buy a flat so in that sense it worked out well for me

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Still haven't caught it and don't know anyone who has done so, let alone been hospitalised or killed by it.

It does look like the experience has permanently changed people's views of work though. I thought it might all go back to complete normal but it's pretty clear that hasn't happened with companies and organisations all struggling to get people back into the office again. Public services are particularly struggling in this regard although England seems to be much more affected than Scotland.

Glad to see the masking nonsense seems to be pretty much gone - even in hospitals. My old opticians is still indulging in OCD behaviour, forcing everyone to use hand gel at the door.....for an airborne virus....😂

Other than that though, things are thankfully back to almost normal for me. It's beginning to look like mass restrictions and masking mandates are going to be a thing of the last now. Governments now know that it might be piss easy to introduce restrictions and scare the shite out of the public but the reality is that recovering from that is the hard bit. Next time they'll think twice about making the same mistakes.

You must frequent the tiniest bubble imaginable if you don't know anyone who has contracted Covid. 

Either that or you are a liar, or at the trolling. Possibly both.