Angusfifer

How are we all doing?

Just now, welshbairn said:

Did he tell you what side he was on?

Never thought about that  can you say f**k him in Spanish to see if we can catch him out?  

Shift pattern at work includes a long weekend every third week, so not due back til Wednesday.

Normally absolutely buzzing when it comes around with plenty of plans to make the most of it, maybe a nice meal out or an overnight visit somewhere. Some time spent tackling the to do list around the house, or an away day at the fitba' if it ties in (how good does an away day sound right now)?. 

Not this time, obviously. Can't go anywhere, and unable to source materials required to crack on with work in the garden etc. Frustrating as f*ck, and it's only early a.m. on my first day off!! 

On another note, my teabreak yesterday was in Glasgow city centre and staff area was busier than I was comfortable with at this time, so I used the time for my daily exercise and went a walk around town instead. 

Extremely weird and eerily quiet. Looking along the whole length of Buchanan St, from top to bottom at 10 in the morning and counting only a dozen or so people, when there would normally be hundreds bustling around, was quite surreal. Suppose it means folk are following advice though. 

Is it too early for a T. ??!! 

26 minutes ago, DosserDel said:

Shift pattern at work includes a long weekend every third week, so not due back til Wednesday.

Normally absolutely buzzing when it comes around with plenty of plans to make the most of it, maybe a nice meal out or an overnight visit somewhere. Some time spent tackling the to do list around the house, or an away day at the fitba' if it ties in (how good does an away day sound right now)?. 

Not this time, obviously. Can't go anywhere, and unable to source materials required to crack on with work in the garden etc. Frustrating as f*ck, and it's only early a.m. on my first day off!! 

On another note, my teabreak yesterday was in Glasgow city centre and staff area was busier than I was comfortable with at this time, so I used the time for my daily exercise and went a walk around town instead. 

Extremely weird and eerily quiet. Looking along the whole length of Buchanan St, from top to bottom at 10 in the morning and counting only a dozen or so people, when there would normally be hundreds bustling around, was quite surreal. Suppose it means folk are following advice though. 

Is it too early for a T. ??!! 

It's 5 past four where I am - fill your boots! 

I've been working from home all week this week and I'm actually astounded at the difference to pretty much all aspects of my working life. I'm happier, I'm starting work at my actual start time rather than lying in bed to the last minute before rocking up right on the flexi-time deadline, I'm far more productive and silly things that would usually piss me off has been water off a ducks back. Usually I'd spend all day on here just to pass time but I've barely looked at it. Menial tasks that I've been putting off for months are now all done.

This global crisis is probably helping, I don't have customers phoning me giving me abuse because something wasn't delivered yesterday, they're all quite understanding and wishing me all the best. Same goes for people in general now really, everyone is being kind to each other, we're helping the elderly and vulnerable, we're housing the homeless, showing support for critical services (although financial support would probably help more) and most importantly we're all keeping ourselves clean and as healthy as possible. There really is no reason all that stuff should stop when we're allowed outside again, but I won't hold my breath.

My Mum and Dad's TV just packed in! 😂

11 minutes ago, throbber said:

Me and the Mrs has our 12 week scan today and are expecting our second child in October.

Congratulations throbber 👍

3 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Congratulations throbber 👍

Thanks mate. Probably not the best time to be pregnant but the staff at hospital really helped reassure the Mrs about it all so it has really lifted our spirits.

17 minutes ago, throbber said:

Me and the Mrs has our 12 week scan today and are expecting our second child in October.

Congrats mate, hope all goes well. 

Just now, throbber said:

Thanks mate. Probably not the best time to be pregnant but the staff at hospital really helped reassure the Mrs about it all so it has really lifted our spirits.

That's great, you'll be in good hands, they wouldn't bullshit you, certainly not in these unusual times.

Best wishes to you all

Last four night shifts start tonight then on holiday for the next twelve days.

Looking forward to not being ill this time and get a chance to do some improvements around the house, spring clean, gardening and get some time to play some games on the pc which i haven't done for over a year. Priority should have been building a boundary fence as the old one fell down during the winter storms, not sure if this is classed as essential?

23 minutes ago, throbber said:

If it's a wee girl, in honour of P & B, you can call her Throberta.   I'm sure someone can offer a suggestion for a boy's name ??

All the best to you and your family mate.

12 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

If it's a wee girl, in honour of P & B, you can call her Throberta.   I'm sure someone can offer a suggestion for a boy's name ??

All the best to you and your family mate.

Thanks man, I’m open to any name suggestions although I’m pretty certain it’s going to be a boy.

21 minutes ago, throbber said:

Thanks man, I’m open to any name suggestions although I’m pretty certain it’s going to be a boy.

Throbbert 

Throbby Davro.

In honour of the great Ipswich, England and Newcastle manager and a certain proclivity of the father may I suggest Throbby Rubs 'em...

5 hours ago, sjc said:

My Mum and Dad's TV just packed in! 😂

Nip round and fix it.

(Potential racism unintended)

Edited by Sergeant Wilson