Angusfifer

How are we all doing?

Listening to Beggars Banquet for the first time in ages.

Pretty shite if i'm being honest.

It’s a pretty shite time so don’t beat yourself for feeling shite. We’ll get through though, mate.

I felt like going the full Peter Finch this morning, opening the window and shouting "I'm mad as hell" etc.

Didn't. Just used the frustration to do some tidying instead. Made some soup and now I'm lazing about like a well fed cat.

Tomorrow: repeat.

On 30/03/2020 at 18:21, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Noticed this morning when I put my towel on the radiator thing in the bathroom to go in the shower, it was roughly in the shape of Egypt. So that was interesting.

not quite as exotic, but mine is exactly the same shape as the US state of Colorado and very similar to Wyoming too...

This thread should be interesting reading if the lockdown is extended by a further three weeks.

As an aside, this experience has given me a little insight into what retirement might look like and it’s not good.  OK we won’t have restrictions like we do now but getting up every morning with nothing ‘essential’ to do is not looking too appealing.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

This thread should be interesting reading if the lockdown is extended by a further three weeks.

As an aside, this experience has given me a little insight into what retirement might look like and it’s not good.  OK we won’t have restrictions like we do now but getting up every morning with nothing ‘essential’ to do is not looking too appealing.

I've been doing it for 41 years, you get used to it.

Halfway through series 2 of The Shield.

Made some BeeBombs out of the packets of meadow flower seeds.

Released a bottle of Sauvignon from the cellar.

Na f**k that. Everyone I know who has retired says they cant remember how they managed to squeeze in a full time job.

Some of the ones who were dedicated to working openly admit regret at having worked too long.

The worst thing I can say about folk who don't opt to take a retirement once they can afford to is that I pity them, more than I pity any other group of people, at having reached that stage in life with their life still being so empty.

37 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I've been doing it for 41 years, you get used to it.

^^^Civil Servant in the Pandemic Planning Department.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Na f**k that. Everyone I know who has retired says they cant remember how they managed to squeeze in a full time job.

Some of the ones who were dedicated to working openly admit regret at having worked too long.

The worst thing I can say about folk who don't opt to take a retirement once they can afford to is that I pity them, more than I pity any other group of people, at having reached that stage in life with their life still being so empty.

As a generalisation there may me some merit in that post.  But applying generalisations to individuals is not a sensible approach.

The lockdown is rubbish for not seeing family but I am quite enjoying the slowed down pace of life.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Look how it's all fallen seamlessly in to place though. God willing I survive this and I expect to be in the Honours List. But they'll probably waste my nomination on a nurse or somebody who'd be happier with a box of Celebrations.

4 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I felt like going the full Peter Finch this morning, opening the window and shouting "I'm mad as hell" etc.

Didn't. Just used the frustration to do some tidying instead. Made some soup and now I'm lazing about like a well fed cat.

Tomorrow: repeat.

Aye, soup can be a bit gassy.

26 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

As a generalisation there may me some merit in that post.  But applying generalisations to individuals is not a sensible approach.

Yeah maybe. I work in an industry that takes time from you. For that reason, retirement is looked at with some reverence generally. 

When a friend retires, I can honestly say I could not be happier for them. I am bursting with joy to see pal get handed some time back to enjoy. 

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I'm loving it! (Retirement, rather than lockdown.)

9 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

Pretty shite if i'm being honest.

Keep well mate and think of stuff you're going to do when this is over. Going to the next Killie game (we'll no doubt get pumped) with my brother and uncle, seeing my maw and a long, cold VitaminT in the brass are keeping me going. 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

The guy lost his legs in the Falklands war and you're taking the pish.  Out of order  the guy is a war hero.  

2 minutes ago, HooseLee said:

The guy lost his legs in the Falklands war and you're taking the pish.  Out of order  the guy is a war hero.  

Did he tell you what side he was on?