How are we all doing?

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

The number of people that claim to not know a single person who has ever caught Covid must be absolutely minuscule. You would need to be a friendless, agoraphobic cave dweller !

... or a complete and utter tit... 

On 28/03/2020 at 21:04, atfccfc said:

I'm having up and down days to be honest. There are some days when I'm truly struggling and finding it hard to adapt and emotional. Then others when I'm ok to good. I am taking it upon myself to avoid watching the news on TV, but looking at news stories for a few minutes on the internet. 

I'm lucky that I've just been promoted at work so I have some work to do from home (not much but it's something, and colleagues are coming to me for advice). This gives me purpose and routine to my day. I'm also going out for walks to the local park to combat Cabin fever. 

For anyone struggling. Please keep strong 

WOW! 2 and a half years on. I got through it. Caught COVID once at the start of this year and was off for 10 days. It didn't effect me it particularly bad. But Mrs atfccfc got a tougher bout of it. 

As soon as we could get to football again I went to as many games as possible last season and have gone on two holidays as soon as it was possible to easily do, without all the testing etc. 

Still ignore the news and pick and choose what stories I read about. It has definitely helped with my mental health. 

Life is ok to middling 

18 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Still haven't caught it and don't know anyone who has done so, let alone been hospitalised or killed by it.

must say im surprised at this

during the initial stages of covid,spring/summer '20 i knew very few people whod had it but now im struggling to think of anyone i know who hasnt

51 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

must say im surprised at this

during the initial stages of covid,spring/summer '20 i knew very few people whod had it but now im struggling to think of anyone i know who hasnt

There may be a common denominator there! 

17 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

The number of people that claim to not know a single person who has ever caught Covid must be absolutely minuscule. You would need to be a friendless, agoraphobic cave dweller !

I certainly know plenty of people who caught it  but none who could considered to be ill in the true sense of the word.

Anyone who tells me in recent times that they’ve had it , my first response is ‘How did you find out it was Covid?

I usually find out that they have a massive stockpile of Covid kits from earlier times. Pathetic!!

28 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I certainly know plenty of people who caught it  but none who could considered to be ill in the true sense of the word.

Anyone who tells me in recent times that they’ve had it , my first response is ‘How did you find out it was Covid?

I usually find out that they have a massive stockpile of Covid kits from earlier times. Pathetic!!

What's pathetic about it? There are still vulnerable people about - not everyone is able to be vaccinated, I know a woman who isn't allowed to have it - and if we have a GP/hospital appointment we always take a test.

Luckily we've a stockpile of test kits...

I'd shut this thread to be honest as it's almost certain to turn into an exact replica of the Covid thread with the same people pushing their agendas. It's why I and the vast majority of folk stopped posting in that bin fire a long time ago.

This isn't a thread for pushing a C19 agenda or opinion, keep that to the thread already running. This is purely about how folk are feeling now that things are returning to normal.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

I'd shut this thread to be honest as it's almost certain to turn into an exact replica of the Covid thread with the same people pushing their agendas. It's why I and the vast majority of folk stopped posting in that bin fire a long time ago.

This isn't a thread for pushing a C19 agenda or opinion, keep that to the thread already running. This is purely about how folk are feeling now that things are returning to normal.

Trouble is that things aren’t returning to normal.

So many undiagnosed serious diseases are now coming out of the woodwork showing that the so-called cure was worse than the disease.
As I recall you were an apologist for the repressive policies meted out by the UK and SG’s.

I can well understand why you are keen to dismiss the terrible damage which was done.

Trouble is that things aren’t returning to normal.
So many undiagnosed serious diseases are now coming out of the woodwork showing that the so-called cure was worse than the disease.
As I recall you were an apologist for the repressive policies meted out by the UK and SG’s.
I can well understand why you are keen to dismiss the terrible damage which was done.
As if to emphasize my point !

1 hour ago, ParsJake said:

No chance I'm reading back further than this page, but is it fair to say that there's been another COVID-related outbreak of pathetic, desperate attention-seeking?