How are we all doing?

1 hour ago, heedthebaa said:

Apart from the grandkids thing, i’m starting to warm to it too if I’m honest, I’ll take badly going back to work 

Yeah, I’m not looking forward to it either. The nature of my job means that I spend my working time with either too much to do or nothing to do, and often on the same day. Been able to get so much done around the house during the quiet spells, as well as fit in time to get out for a run or a walk with the missus, do some weights, actually cook my own meals, and a lot else. Result has been more sleep and free time in the evenings, which I can’t recall having had for years. It’s been tremendous.

19 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Yeah, I’m not looking forward to it either. The nature of my job means that I spend my working time with either too much to do or nothing to do, and often on the same day. Been able to get so much done around the house during the quiet spells, as well as fit in time to get out for a run or a walk with the missus, do some weights, actually cook my own meals, and a lot else. Result has been more sleep and free time in the evenings, which I can’t recall having had for years. It’s been tremendous.

I hope a development from this will be the recognition that working from home can be extended. The longer it goes on, the more I appreciate it and the less I look forward to contrived Skype meetings. There are far bigger operational savings to be made from this than some of the other hare brained ideas currently on the go.

7 hours ago, Ross. said:

I’ll be honest, the last week has been tremendous. This lock down malarkey is a piece of piss.

It’s alright for a week, maybe 2, but we aren’t getting out of it for a good few weeks yet and it will eventually get depressing as f**k.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

It’s alright for a week, maybe 2, but we aren’t getting out of it for a good few weeks yet and it will eventually get depressing as f**k.

Currently waiting on my missus going into at any point now. The two weeks that follow that will probably not register in my brain.

I’ll be honest, the last week has been tremendous. This lock down malarkey is a piece of piss.
Currently waiting on my missus going into at any point now. The two weeks that follow that will probably not register in my brain.
Can you update us 2 weeks after the wee one arrives and see if you feel the same way about being trapped in the house? ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Bump.

Folk drifiting back to acting like cocks to eachother.

Needs balance.

My kids, specially the oldest, is visibly beginning to struggle with boredom, constantly asking when this or that will be open.

I am happy enough I suppose. Just bored, but saving money is good. Have reached a more sensible rate of drinking and eating.

Worst thing for me I'd say is that I am struggling to see a path to normality and worrying about the opportunism that I expect to come from businesses and employers.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Bump.

Folk drifiting back to acting like cocks to eachother.

Needs balance.

My kids, specially the oldest, is visibly beginning to struggle with boredom, constantly asking when this or that will be open.

I am happy enough I suppose. Just bored, but saving money is good. Have reached a more sensible rate of drinking and eating.

Worst thing for me I'd say is that I am struggling to see a path to normality and worrying about the opportunism that I expect to come from businesses and employers.

Not sure how old your kids are but I feel sorry for anyone with teenagers.  Must be a bit of a nightmare.

As with all things people's ability to cope will be determined by personal circumstance.  I’ve appreciated our garden more during this lockdown than ever before. 

Not sure how old your kids are but I feel sorry for anyone with teenagers.  Must be a bit of a nightmare.
As with all things people's ability to cope will be determined by personal circumstance.  I’ve appreciated our garden more during this lockdown than ever before. 
The garden and the weather have been a godsend for sure. Can only last so long though. My slightly low mood is fuelled by being on nights to be fair. 2 more to go though then off and hopefully getting back in about some jobs.

Kids are 2 and 4. 2 year old still just clueless enough not to be arsed. 4 year old is quite a sensitive/emotional wee thing though and she is clearly starting to feel it.

50 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Mine's 5 and wants attention every fucking minute of every fucking day. Would love her to turn into a 14YO boy and just have them holed up n their room on grot websites and give me 5 minutes of fucking peace. 

8 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Mine's 5 and wants attention every fucking minute of every fucking day. Would love her to turn into a 14YO boy and just have them holed up n their room on grot websites and give me 5 minutes of fucking peace. 

There’s a parenting thread that you need to start contributing to.

Last few days have been a real struggle, when I got in from work yesterday I turned off my phone and won't be turning it back on until Monday morning. I was feeling really overwhelmed for the first time but went into work today and a long walk by the sea and I feel like I'm on the up. Got a day off tomorrow so will get out in the fresh air on my own.