How are we all doing?

2 minutes ago, keithgy said:

No she is allowed to as we have a residency order on both of the kids,both kids are on child protection orders as well.

I’m struggling to see what that has to do with the existing restrictions.

ETA just seen your second post.  OK exceptions are being made, fair enough.  Doesn’t reduce the risk of contagion but I suppose other factors come into play.

Edited by Granny Danger

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

I would like to know how @LondonHMFC is doing in amongst all this madness after splitting with his gf. 

Thank you 

Haha, not too bad mate. Apart from the previously mentioned, I think facing this situation being single is a lot easier than being part of a couple. 

14 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Haha, not too bad mate. Apart from the previously mentioned, I think facing this situation being single is a lot easier than being part of a couple. 

Fucking a-men to that. This house party thing... she now sees even MORE of her mates than she normally does, except now I have to listen to the pish they talk too. 

Savage Henrietta came back from overseas and is currently doing the 14 day isolation.  She's staying with her folks, and fortunately her house is a Victorian style house with a former servants' quarter on the top floor.  She's only on day 3, and she's already dyed her hair.

As for me, I'm basically cutting off all social interaction other than with my immediate family.  I got out an old metal detector today and use that for my exercise in the land around our house.  I'm also doing  a few online courses to while away the hours.  I have no idea how many days we've been in lockdown, but they're all merging into one like that period between Christmas and New Year.

Edit: online gigs are another time passer.

Edit: I appreciate the OP.  It's very well-meaning thread.  For all the cynicism in the GN forum, these really aren't easy days for any of us.  History books of the distant future will refer to this period of time.

Edited by Savage Henry

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

Savage Henrietta came back from overseas and is currently doing the 14 day isolation.  She's staying with her folks, and fortunately her house is a Victorian style house with a former servants' quarter on the top floor.  She's only on day 3, and she's already died, her hair. 

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

The wife has tuned into some Dundee jannie c***s ‘virtual pub’ which seems to be 24/7 pissed up folk singing karaoke in their living rooms. 

Grim.

f**k me. That puts soaps and reality shite into perspective.

Working from home as from tomorrow. Picked up the stuff required for the next few weeks from the office, and checked my emails (been on A/L).

I work in health and social care and everyone has been given a 6% pay rise backdated to the start of the lockdown to say thank you to our staff.

There are some good guys out there. I'm basically on the reserve list at the moment. But ready to help out.

42 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

The wife has tuned into some Dundee jannie c***s ‘virtual pub’ which seems to be 24/7 pissed up folk singing karaoke in their living rooms. 

Grim.

I've just seen one as well. Was one of them doing 'I'm Your Man' by Wham?

46 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Grim.

You should have seen it Friday/Saturday. Folk 'shooting the bar' and asking everycunt what they want and then they had alloted slots on karaoke. Only multiple folk didn't want to wait until their time. Everybody just went live at once and they had to close down the ability to post. 

It basically mirrored what's going on IRL. 

I'm starting to feel like the bit in dawn of the dead where they are just existing in the flat they make above the shopping centre. They've had a great time helping themselves in all the shops and having a party now just sitting there in dread each day the same.

*obviously without the trolley dash bit or the party.

36 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I've just seen one as well. Was one of them doing 'I'm Your Man' by Wham?

31 minutes ago, Dele said:

You should have seen it Friday/Saturday. Folk 'shooting the bar' and asking everycunt what they want and then they had alloted slots on karaoke. Only multiple folk didn't want to wait until their time. Everybody just went live at once and they had to close down the ability to post. 

It basically mirrored what's going on IRL. 

I’m staying well clear. 
ive seen it all before in the Global Beer Company and Castaways circa 1994.

I'm thinking I should start my second childhood early- the house and garden seemed bigger when I was 8..

We borrowed a mate's tent when we were teens and camped out in my mate's back garden. It seemed like a big adventure despite my mate's back green being about half the size of a 5 a side pitch. Maybe I could borrow the neighbour's tent and relive the adventure..

I'm doing alright, missing my Mrs who has been isolating at her mums unwell for the last couple of weeks. She's high risk and was only there to begin with to get some IV antibiotics for an infection for a couple of nights, then made the tough call to stay there until her strength is back up which is the right way to do it.

On the other hand the solitude has been strangely liberating as well as I've always enjoyed my own company. Work is going well enough, I'm eating and exercising better than I have for years and generally keeping my brain occupied with tv, games, books etc. It's actually the longest I've ever lived on my own as well.