How are we all doing?

I'm doing pretty well, but I'm used to isolation, as I've noted on here before. It's never been a great thing but at the moment I'm lucky, as I don't have anyone who relies on me, especially kids. Really feel for folk who have to look after them just now. Must be mentally challenging in so many ways. Same with folk who need to look after relatives. Indeed same with folk in a relationship. Tough times.

I'm working from home, and appreciate that I'm lucky to be able to do so and still be paid in full.

In regards to work I'm massively more productive, as I don't need to stretch tasks out to fill the day/week. There are always tasks I need to do ASAP at work, and I've always done so, but there's loads of others that I take ages over usually simply so that it looks like I'm doing something. Since I started my role I've taken on loads of extra stuff just to stay busy, and always help colleagues, to the extent that I could do most of the other roles in the office, but now that I don't have anyone looking over my shoulder I can, and do, finish them right away. 

Getting to sleep more now is great as well, in many ways. It's really helping me. I've started a routine and have been adding to it gradually. Will be ramping it up more next week. Actually finding myself snacking less at the moment too, and spending way less money.

More significantly I've had a massive mental change. I imagine loads of folk, probably most folk, will be saying or thinking similar, but after this I'll be doing a LOT differently.

I'm finding mid-morning pretty tough going for some reason. And then I snap into gear. Have got my wife, daughter and myself all working from home, in addition to my 86 year old father-in-law. We are fortunate that we have each other for company. 

10 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

2 weeks of self quarantine done another 10 to go... 

Definitely bored now. Hoping to get my work laptop next week to add bit of structure to my life. 

Kids are doing okay as the weather has been good up here so managing to get out in the garden every day. 

Have started baking more and already done bread, scotch pancakes and tattie scones. Shortbread next.

Noticed the supermarkets are cleared out of flour. I've got a bag of flour, but no yeast. Pancakes and scones it is for the foreseeable in terms of home baking

I'm having up and down days to be honest. There are some days when I'm truly struggling and finding it hard to adapt and emotional. Then others when I'm ok to good. I am taking it upon myself to avoid watching the news on TV, but looking at news stories for a few minutes on the internet. 

I'm lucky that I've just been promoted at work so I have some work to do from home (not much but it's something, and colleagues are coming to me for advice). This gives me purpose and routine to my day. I'm also going out for walks to the local park to combat Cabin fever. 

For anyone struggling. Please keep strong 

I'm not as anxious as when it first started a couple of weeks ago.  Felt a lot more threatening at the start

Pretty much as above now. As far as the actual coronavirus is concerned anyway. It’s the confinement I was and am going to struggle with again.

Start of last week was week 1 of enforced working-from-home and I was climbing the walls after only 2 days. Ended up phoning my old boss asking if he was short of folk (which thankfully for me he was!) and more or less begged him to ask my current boss if could he draft me over and make up the numbers, so managed to get out and about all of last week. One more shift in the old job on Monday then back to the dreaded working-from-home.

6 minutes ago, dysartrovers said:

Deleted Facebook to stop reading all the scaremongering shit. Been feeling very anxious about it but stopping reading about it constantly has definitely helped

Good idea.

I don't watch, listen to or read the news, and haven't done so for years (exception being if Iistening to the radio and it comes on, but that's rare given that I listen to few shows on the radio.

I stopped 'consuming' news because I realised how pointless it is. At first it was driven by all the celebrity bollocks that dominated the news in the 2000s, but then I realised that not only did I not miss the news but that I didn't need it. 

BBC show it regularly throughout the day on TV. On radio it often be as often as evert half hour. The website is regularly updated. The Twitter is updated even more regularly. It made me question why, and the answer was that, like every other outlet, actually journalism has been replaced by immediacy. 

The result of this is outlets creating their own news, and fear sells best than most. It has also resulted in dreadful articles and often outright lies. Too often.

Folk often ask how I 'keep up' with what is happening. Easily. If it's important I'll hear about, often on here, and if it's important enough for me to hear I'll read up on it. The other thing folk say is that they'd rather consume the news that be ignorant. The previous point covers that too I feel.

6 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Pretty much as above now. As far as the actual coronavirus is concerned anyway. It’s the confinement I was and am going to struggle with again.

Start of last week was week 1 of enforced working-from-home and I was climbing the walls after only 2 days. Ended up phoning my old boss asking if he was short of folk (which thankfully for me he was!) and more or less begged him to ask my current boss if could he draft me over and make up the numbers, so managed to get out and about all of last week. One more shift in the old job on Monday then back to the dreaded working-from-home.

It's also the confinement for me as well.  I volunteer for a mental health crisis helpline and we have also started using it as a befriending service where I live.  I think I've benefited more from the phone calls than they have.  It feels like 7 sundays a week.  They said this morning that it might be october at the earliest.  I'm going to expect it I till the end of the year to avoid any frustration if it does last longer.  

Felt pretty fine up until an hour or so ago. Watching the Diego film, and after they win the World Cup he rings his Mum. Not sure if it's because I'm a fair distance from home, but it hit me right in the gut. 

Apart from that though, been getting out for the hour a day. Oddly finding it hard to motivate myself to eat proper meals, but hoping that'll change. 

2 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Felt pretty fine up until an hour or so ago. Watching the Diego film, and after they win the World Cup he rings his Mum. Not sure if it's because I'm a fair distance from home, but it hit me right in the gut. 

Apart from that though, been getting out for the hour a day. Oddly finding it hard to motivate myself to eat proper meals, but hoping that'll change. 

That's not odd. It's because your routine is out of whack, and as such your body is too. Your body is probably conditioned to expect food at certain times, but also to be primed for it. These primers will be things like leaving work, which will produce a small amount of hormone, as will walking in the front door. Even getting changed out of your work clothes will have a difference to your brain chemistry.

Without these signals bodies and brains can become confused. Perfectly natural and it will change soon.

13 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Good point about the meals  I feel like I've been snacking all week.  I'm also going to get arse cramp soon from all the sitting about.  

October???? Haven’t seen that. Going ok, bit worried about my parents and how they’ll cope. Both are in their mid 70s and usually active and out and about. Trying to establish a routine while working from home but not as busy as normal. Up early to go for a run, set breakfast, lunch and dinner times and trying not to resort to drinking each night. Other than that the novelty of board games on a Saturday night will wear off soon. Even the wife is wanting the football back so she can get me out the house.