How are we all doing?

Strange times indeed.

If you don't mind sharing - some of us have done so already. 

Are we struggling, getting by? Off work, on the sick, in limbo?

A thread for maybe looking after each other instead of, well just instead of...

Just now, Angusfifer said:

Strange times indeed.

You live in Lochee?

99.99% of people on here will be doing better than you.

PS just kidding, a thoughtful thread.

PPS I used to live in Lochee.

6 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Strange times indeed.

I am trying to get into the mindset of going out for a little walk. I didn’t go out for any exercise in the past 2 days and I am actually feeling a little anxious at leaving the house. I’m going to have to go back to the shops sometime though as I have run out of food.

Edited by Jambomo

Doing alright until I hear things like it night be like this until October.   Will have to grin and bare it.  Quite lucky that I live on an island so the risk of catching it is lower.  Still a long way to go though.  

Once it's over, will we be able to talk to ex cons about what is was like getting released?  

5 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I am trying to get into the mindset of going out for a little walk. I didn’t go out for any exercise in the past 2 days and I am actually feeling a little anxious at leaving the house. I’m going to have to go back to the shops sometime though as I have run out of food.

I'm not as anxious as when it first started a couple of weeks ago.  Felt a lot more threatening at the start

Shopping is certainly the most stressful part of the whole lockdown scenario. Exercising is a piece of pish, largely because I did as little as possible beforehand, and am now going for walks and suchlike to get out of the house.

23 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

PPS I used to live in Lochee.

That explains a lot...

Anyway, we're doing wonderfully well, hardly been out of the house in the last fortnight and haven't been out this week since a family emergency last Saturday. Getting daily phone calls from 3 of the stepdaughters, they and theirs are all o.k. too at present, so we'll just sail on for another wee while, hopefully.

1 minute ago, Dele said:

The most difficult thing is not spending an absolute fortune on shite you see on sale online. 

My eBay purchases have increased about 1000% and all in it comes to about £20.

Just needless, pointless tat. 

Dundee FC’s greatest years?

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

That explains a lot...

Anyway, we're doing wonderfully well, hardly been out of the house in the last fortnight and haven't been out this week since a family emergency last Saturday. Getting daily phone calls from 3 of the stepdaughters, they and theirs are all o.k. too at present, so we'll just sail on for another wee while, hopefully.

I dont know how old you are and I'm.not at it.  If you're old enough, does this feel like the 3 day week without the lecky going off? 

Just now, Angusfifer said:

Shopping is certainly the most stressful part of the whole lockdown scenario. Exercising is a piece of pish, largely because I did as little as possible beforehand, and am now going for walks and suchlike to get out of the house.

I went for the messages at 6pm for me and my eldest this evening and it was a breeze.  Not many people and relatively full shelves.  They even had bog roll.  On a normal Saturday at that time it would be mayhem.

No, not at all, we were still able to go out, Anyway, I was a lot younger then. It's not even like the Ulster Workers strike, you were still able to go out. Not that there was a lot open, right enough...

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

No, not at all, we were still able to go out, Anyway, I was a lot younger then. It's not even like the Ulster Workers strike, you were still able to go out. Not that there was a lot open, right enough...

You'll be getting your bins emptied then?

6 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I was young but vaguely remember it. 

This is a lot worse.  I'll get used to it, but the thought of October right now is pretty grim  

26 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I don't know if I'm being wooshed here but yes, we are.

Just an irreverent joke about certain parts of Ulster not getting their bins emptied back in the day

Edited again to say no offence meant. I'm a big supporter of binmen worldwide (particularly Bobby Linn and Jay Smart)

Edited by Angusfifer

Struggling in some ways. It's certainly taking a toll I didnt expect this soon. I am so gutted for my kids at what they are missing out on already. They are devastated to not be seeing their family and wee pals. I seem to be having moments of being close to tears every day. 

2 weeks of self quarantine done another 10 to go... 

Definitely bored now. Hoping to get my work laptop next week to add bit of structure to my life. 

Kids are doing okay as the weather has been good up here so managing to get out in the garden every day. 

Have started baking more and already done bread, scotch pancakes and tattie scones. Shortbread next.