Cumbernauld United X1 - Bit of Fun

BeverleyHills

Ok bit bored today so this is my United X1, all played with the Nauld,could you field a team to beat this lot?

Keeper   Ian Wilson (Ex Junior International)

Defence   Rab Stewart (Alloa) Jackie McNamara Snr (Hibs/Celtic) Lee McCulloch (Rangers/Motherwell/Wigan.Jim Deakin ( Ex Junior International)

Midfield  Johnny Hamilton (Hibs/Rangers) Dougie Bell (Aberdeen/Rangers) Bobby Russell(Rangers/Motherwell)John Paul McBride (Celtic/St Johnstone)

Forwards  Kenny Dalglish (Celtic/Liverpool) Roy Essandoh (Motherwell/Wycombe Wanderers

lok X1        1 howard  sameroff (motherwell )     2  fraser wishart ( motherwell st mirren rangers )   3 craig cramner ( dumbarton )

4    geoff curren (arbroath )                                       5 stewart auld  (clydebank )    6  bobby collins (celtic everton leeds )     

7 chic charnley ( partick st mirren)  8 sandy stewart ( airdrie hearts )   9 bob mcphail (rangers )   10 dougie arnott (motherwell )  11 robert prytz ( malmo rangers )

give u guys a game

apologies to geoff curren should have been jeff

also to all other omissions ( trying to put out a team ) like andy dailly roddy hutchison carlo monti all morton

tom mcgrain ( dumbarton (dannys brother)  jim hughes ( falkirk ) stewart hamill (leicester ) john hendry ( spurs motherwell )

danny diver ( east stirling ayr) iain mcdougall ( dundee  rangers)

and countless other lok legends )

thought kevin mcallister of camelon was a brilliant junior winger + senior

George Hunter (Celtic)

Willie Bell (Leeds United)
Tommy McMillan (Aberdeen)
Jimmy McQuade (Stade Rennais)
Paul Lovering (Hibs, Ayr United)

Jimmy Ayton (Third Lanark, Leicester City)
Peter Weir (St Mirren, Aberdeen)
Ricky Gillies (St Mirren, Aberdeen)

Barry Lavety (St Mirren, Hibs)
Bobby Young (Motherwell, St Johnstone, Celtic)
Dixie Deans (Motherwell, Celtic)

Ok bit bored today so this is my United X1, all played with the Nauld,could you field a team to beat this lot?

Keeper   Ian Wilson (Ex Junior International)

Defence   Rab Stewart (Alloa) Jackie McNamara Snr (Hibs/Celtic) Lee McCulloch (Rangers/Motherwell/Wigan.Jim Deakin ( Ex Junior International)

Midfield  Johnny Hamilton (Hibs/Rangers) Dougie Bell (Aberdeen/Rangers) Bobby Russell(Rangers/Motherwell)John Paul McBride (Celtic/St Johnstone)

Forwards  Kenny Dalglish (Celtic/Liverpool) Roy Essandoh (Motherwell/Wycombe Wanderers

i remember jim deakin playing for cumbernauld, tremendous player

i'd give an honourable mention to jim mcgarrigle too, great servant .

Danny smith , ian dougan and macavoy ? good players too.

9 hours ago, kilsyth ranger said:

Jim Orr (Cambuslang)

Tommy Morrison (Cambuslang)

Jack Ferguson (Cambuslang)

Jack Mordue (Cambuslang)

Bobby Brown (Cambuslang)

Jim McQuade (Cambuslang)

Russell Craig (Cambuslang)

John Cummings (Cambuslang)

Billy Paterson (Cambuslang)

Keith Nelson (Cambuslang)

Willie McCallum (Cambuslang)

A few played at a higher level, but in my opinion were un-touchable. Sorry Talbot fans! RIP Keith, different class 

George Hunter (Celtic)
Willie Bell (Leeds United)
Tommy McMillan (Aberdeen)
Jimmy McQuade (Stade Rennais)
Paul Lovering (Hibs, Ayr United)
Jimmy Ayton (Third Lanark, Leicester City)
Peter Weir (St Mirren, Aberdeen)
Ricky Gillies (St Mirren, Aberdeen)
Barry Lavety (St Mirren, Hibs)
Bobby Young (Motherwell, St Johnstone, Celtic)
Dixie Deans (Motherwell, Celtic)

Paul lovering started his career at us. Was 1 of my favourite players for us till he joined scumdrie united

Mon the papers

11 hours ago, kilsyth ranger said:

Agree and good friend of mine and still pops down to the odd game, same with Jim and Macca.

Danny was a top player and guy and great captain taken from this world far too early, it might be before your time but Rab Stewart was top notch, lives in Kilsyth and more often than not you will find him at Kilsyth Golf club.

Agree and good friend of mine and still pops down to the odd game, same with Jim and Macca.
Danny was a top player and guy and great captain taken from this world far too early, it might be before your time but Rab Stewart was top notch, lives in Kilsyth and more often than not you will find him at Kilsyth Golf club.
i no rab stewart realy well Beverley hills his grandson is my son's class at school , before my time him playing though .
Jamie Glasgow was another great player for u who came to kilsyth for a few seasons and led the line on his own on many occasions

Jim Orr (Cambuslang)
Tommy Morrison (Cambuslang)
Jack Ferguson (Cambuslang)
Jack Mordue (Cambuslang)
Bobby Brown (Cambuslang)

Jim McQuade (Cambuslang)
Russell Craig (Cambuslang)

John Cummings (Cambuslang)
Billy Paterson (Cambuslang)
Keith Nelson (Cambuslang)
Willie McCallum (Cambuslang)

A few played at a higher level, but in my opinion were un-touchable. Sorry Talbot fans! RIP Keith, different class 
right behind the goals we'd a guy played centre half called barry mordue
and i'm sure he came from cambuslang , would he be the son off jack mordue ?
also i'm sure Tommy Morrison was from kilsyth?

50 minutes ago, kilsyth ranger said:

i no rab stewart realy well Beverley hills his grandson is my son's class at school , before my time him playing though .
Jamie Glasgow was another great player for u who came to kilsyth for a few seasons and led the line on his own on many occasions

Jamie was another who deserves a mention, great pace and goal scorer, this son seems to be doing ok at Talbot but not a patch on his old man. 

20 hours ago, kilsyth ranger said:

right behind the goals we'd a guy played centre half called barry mordue
and i'm sure he came from cambuslang , would he be the son off jack mordue ?
also i'm sure Tommy Morrison was from kilsyth?

Hi KR.

TBH, not sure if that was his son, though the name Mordue is pretty rare & being a CH is a bit of a coincidence!!

Although I was around 10-11 yrs old when I was brought up on these guys , I seem to remember they signed Tommy Morrison From Kilsyth? My dad was from Cambuslang, hence the allegiance. 

Hi KR.
TBH, not sure if that was his son, though the name Mordue is pretty rare & being a CH is a bit of a coincidence!!
Although I was around 10-11 yrs old when I was brought up on these guys , I seem to remember they signed Tommy Morrison From Kilsyth? My dad was from Cambuslang, hence the allegiance. 
that was it , the name mordue ? not v.common , barry played for cambuslang too , and i think your right Tommy Morrison i'm sure went to lang from kilsyth