Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
edinabear

Juniors teams that are linked with the old firm?

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, dk81130 said:

Hi ,

Sorry that this happened and I am ashamed if anyone did say this to you. I’d like yourself and your grandson to come along as my guest to a match of your choice and I Will give you guys a tour , meet the players and watch the game from the hospitality area and a few beers. Since I have been in charge we are trying to move forward and I hope you accept this invitation. Any furthers questions please ask.

 

Kind Regards

 

David Kerr

Chairman 

CRFC

What a kindly offer.

CRFC is in good hands with David running things.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Bit of class there. Bravo!

Being a normal human being makes you a class act.

Says a lot about of you, Jimbaxters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tutankhamen said:

Being a normal human being makes you a class act.

Says a lot about of you, Jimbaxters.

Away and take yer greetin' face out for a walk or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/05/2020 at 05:33, Tutankhamen said:

What a kindly offer.

CRFC is in good hands with David running things.

 

They are trying hard i will give them that!  

Let's face  clubs like cambuslang need to do what they need to do to survive currently the club is run by primarily glasgow rangers who have grown up as camby as the local team.

They are trying to tap into the rangers thing it's better than a 'gangster' running the show. 

St Rochs do the same thing very well with glasgow celtic.

Take a crowd of 500 at St Rochs a good 300-350 of them are celtic fans with nothing better to do and have adopted the candy as a second team.

Cambuslang will be trying to replicate that prime example the new home shirt to lure in the hordes. 

Only downside to that is you will never really attract those who don't care about the celtic and rangers thing, people who want to get away from that sort of stuff in non league junior west of scotland football. 

Edited by traffordab

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/05/2020 at 12:27, traffordab said:

They are trying hard i will give them that!  

Let's face  clubs like cambuslang need to do what they need to do to survive currently the club is run by primarily glasgow rangers who have grown up as camby as the local team.

They are trying to tap into the rangers thing it's better than a 'gangster' running the show. 

St Rochs do the same thing very well with glasgow celtic.

Take a crowd of 500 at St Rochs a good 300-350 of them are celtic fans with nothing better to do and have adopted the candy as a second team.

Cambuslang will be trying to replicate that prime example the new home shirt to lure in the hordes. 

Only downside to that is you will never really attract those who don't care about the celtic and rangers thing, people who want to get away from that sort of stuff in non league junior west of scotland football. 

A lot of us living in Glasgow detest the Old Firm and that’s why we followed the juniors as you say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If in 2020, we still need two sets of schools to teach wee kids that 2 + 2 = 4 so they can be brainwashed into identifying with a particular brand of sky fairy worship even though almost nobody under 60 goes to church regularly, it shouldn't be a huge shock when the tribalism that drives that absurdity continues to manifest itself in sport and culture.

For generations the Labour party that should have stood for rational secular humanism and working class unity happily went along with it, while the Tories were all too happy to keep the proles divided.  The SNP who could have made a difference have instead opportunistically tapped into the tribalism from back in the William Wolfe era right up to Alex Salmond in recent times as part of their politics of grievance. It's shite being Scottish and all the scenery in the world isn't going to change that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23 May 2020 at 09:32, LongTimeLurker said:

If in 2020, we still need two sets of schools to teach wee kids that 2 + 2 = 4 so they can be brainwashed into identifying with a particular brand of sky fairy worship even though almost nobody under 60 goes to church regularly, it shouldn't be a huge shock when the tribalism that drives that absurdity continues to manifest itself in sport and culture.

For generations the Labour party that should have stood for rational secular humanism and working class unity happily went along with it, while the Tories were all too happy to keep the proles divided.  The SNP who could have made a difference have instead opportunistically tapped into the tribalism from back in the William Wolfe era right up to Alex Salmond in recent times as part of their politics of grievance. It's shite being Scottish and all the scenery in the world isn't going to change that.

The bigot is having a giraffe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/05/2020 at 12:42, Lokloyal said:

A lot of us living in Glasgow detest the Old Firm and that’s why we followed the juniors as you say.

Yet you'll still be happy to take the blue pound with the pollok treasurer rubbing his hands when no rangers game on a saturday pollok are at home. 

My brother in law constantly refers that you even have numerous comments on follow follow on a match day of people heading over to Iok games when rangers aren't playing you may be on a high horse but the reality is different. 

 

Edited by traffordab

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/05/2020 at 10:32, LongTimeLurker said:

If in 2020, we still need two sets of schools to teach wee kids that 2 + 2 = 4 so they can be brainwashed into identifying with a particular brand of sky fairy worship even though almost nobody under 60 goes to church regularly, it shouldn't be a huge shock when the tribalism that drives that absurdity continues to manifest itself in sport and culture.

For generations the Labour party that should have stood for rational secular humanism and working class unity happily went along with it, while the Tories were all too happy to keep the proles divided.  The SNP who could have made a difference have instead opportunistically tapped into the tribalism from back in the William Wolfe era right up to Alex Salmond in recent times as part of their politics of grievance. It's shite being Scottish and all the scenery in the world isn't going to change that.

That's what's referred to as a brain fart. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way the Labour party in Scotland cosied up to the Roman Catholic church over the schooling issue in the first half of the 20th century was highly abnormal in terms of how socialist parties normally operated in that era elsewhere in Europe. Compare and contrast with how the socialist leaning parties and the Roman Catholic church were getting along in Spain during the Spanish Civil War, for example.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Terror_(Spain)

End result was that the ancestral religious divide remains more significant than it might have if there had been a more mainstream form of socialist politics happening in working class communities and if that divide still pops up to the surface in a junior football context to some extent people really shouldn't be surprised. The powers that be in Scotland on both the left and the right were happy to have things stay that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, traffordab said:

Yet you'll still be happy to take the blue pound with the pollok treasurer rubbing his hands when no rangers game on a saturday pollok are at home. 

My brother in law constantly refers that you even have numerous comments on follow follow on a match day of people heading over to Iok games when rangers aren't playing you may be on a high horse but the reality is different. 

Reality is Ayrshire Junior fans were just Old Firm fans who couldnt get to Glasgow every other week so not sure what your point is.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Reality is Ayrshire Junior fans were just Old Firm fans who couldnt get to Glasgow every other week so not sure what your point is.
 

Id argue this is a factor in many clubs but perhaps not so much teams like Talbot where they appear to have a loyal (no pun intended) fan base. I dont doubt that on a whole ayrshire is a pretty ‘staunch’ place but perhaps its a lazy generalisation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:


Id argue this is a factor in many clubs but perhaps not so much teams like Talbot where they appear to have a loyal (no pun intended) fan base. I dont doubt that on a whole ayrshire is a pretty ‘staunch’ place but perhaps its a lazy generalisation.

There's no perhaps about it. That ID exists for the sole purpose of causing bother. I would absolutely love to be a Mod on here sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LT's loyal views that show up so clearly in the politics subforum when Norn Ireland is discussed now tainting the Junior thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The way the Labour party in Scotland cosied up to the Roman Catholic church over the schooling issue in the first half of the 20th century was highly abnormal in terms of how socialist parties normally operated in that era elsewhere in Europe. Compare and contrast with how the socialist leaning parties and the Roman Catholic church were getting along in Spain during the Spanish Civil War, for example.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Terror_(Spain)

End result was that the ancestral religious divide remains more significant than it might have if there had been a more mainstream form of socialist politics happening in working class communities and if that divide still pops up to the surface in a junior football context to some extent people really shouldn't be surprised. The powers that be in Scotland on both the left and the right were happy to have things stay that way.

On the subject of causing bother...

1) Politics Thread for this p***

2) If this is the line you're taking then you don't know as much about socialism as you think you do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

There's no perhaps about it. That ID exists for the sole purpose of causing bother. I would absolutely love to be a Mod on here sometimes.

If you know that ID exists solely for that reason why did you decide to engage him in conversation a few minutes back in another thread?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If you know that ID exists solely for that reason why did you decide to engage him in conversation a few minutes back in another thread?

Just for the craic?

I didn't realise I had. Thanks for pointing it out. I shall be extra specially vigilant for hereon in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/05/2020 at 11:50, traffordab said:

Yet you'll still be happy to take the blue pound with the pollok treasurer rubbing his hands when no rangers game on a saturday pollok are at home. 

My brother in law constantly refers that you even have numerous comments on follow follow on a match day of people heading over to Iok games when rangers aren't playing you may be on a high horse but the reality is different. 

 

And yet our crowds are still the biggest in Scotland even when. Our fixtures are in direct competition with Rangers home games -so no we don’t need them at all.The fact that geographically they are the closest major senior football side to us is a factor we can do nothing about-unlike the geography of Ayrshire and the fact that wannabee OF fans wearing OF tops and turning up to support Beith or Kilbirnie have been consistently the worst behaved supports at Newlandsfield over the years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...