Juniors teams that are linked with the old firm?

edinabear

24 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Lochee Harp?

27 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Lochee Harp?

I suppose we could ask them to change the name they've had since 1904 but no, I've never seen any of that shite at their place, or ours when they've visited.

2 hours ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

I suppose we could ask them to change the name they've had since 1904 but no, I've never seen any of that shite at their place, or ours when they've visited.

Agreed, I've never seen any of that shite at any Tayside club. When I see SPFL shirts at Lochee United it's mostly one of the Dundee teams. Other than kids wearing something, it's very rare to see anything of OF clubs.

28 minutes ago, Marten said:

Agreed, I've never seen any of that shite at any Tayside club. When I see SPFL shirts at Lochee United it's mostly one of the Dundee teams. Other than kids wearing something, it's very rare to see anything of OF clubs.

You’re lucky Dundee isn’t 50 miles closer to Glasgow

According to a well known Rangers forum (4 pages worth on the latest news on the ex West Juniors) it's almost a love in between ex Juniors teams. Never knew so many local Glasgow Rangers supporters buses gave sponsorship to Junior clubs. Fair play to them. Going by the expert replies i now see a few on here's big team.

Follow Follow.........

On 28 April 2020 at 13:41, dk81130 said:

Hi The Bairns,

Thank you for your input . To clarify we are in no way a toxic club as you suggest . If you want some figures - go on this then we have sold 160 strips in 2 days now I may be wrong here but I would suggest that in the many years since you hung up your overalls at The Hoover we haven’t sold that many strips . We sold 8 last season .  Have we touched on an old design of a Rangers Strip -yes but it means that the club can now go and buy a new tractor. So for me it was a worthwhile campaign .

When the hoover factory Sadly  closed and many good local people lost jobs it meant that CRFC lost a huge amount of footfall both attending matches and visiting our social club . I believe 10,000 people were employed there at 1 time. Which has hit the club hard and has never fully recovered from this closure.

I am happy for yourself and a friend to come along to a match next season and see the good work that is being done in the community and our fantasy academy. Hopefully we can change your opinion.

Kind Regards

David 
Chairman

Great answer David, pity i was told 2 seasons back on here i wasn't welcome at Cambuslang with my grandchildren by a moron claiming connection with CRFC.

8 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

Great answer David, pity i was told 2 seasons back on here i wasn't welcome at Cambuslang with my grandchildren by a moron claiming connection with CRFC.

Hi ,

Sorry that this happened and I am ashamed if anyone did say this to you. I’d like yourself and your grandson to come along as my guest to a match of your choice and I Will give you guys a tour , meet the players and watch the game from the hospitality area and a few beers. Since I have been in charge we are trying to move forward and I hope you accept this invitation. Any furthers questions please ask.

Kind Regards

David Kerr

Chairman 

CRFC

2 hours ago, dk81130 said:

Hi ,

Sorry that this happened and I am ashamed if anyone did say this to you. I’d like yourself and your grandson to come along as my guest to a match of your choice and I Will give you guys a tour , meet the players and watch the game from the hospitality area and a few beers. Since I have been in charge we are trying to move forward and I hope you accept this invitation. Any furthers questions please ask.

Kind Regards

David Kerr

Chairman 

CRFC

Bit of class there. Bravo!

Mr. Shop,  I'm really glad that you personally are fairly well removed from the knuckle draggers of society but please don't turn a blind eye.

I hope this machine of mine doesn't send out to the world wide ether the stuff I wrote earlier about drug dealing, money-laundering, scumbags who were alledgedly involved in certain clubs.

I'm sure that has all been sorted now and that the current set up has no connection or association with anybody remotely concerned with that sort of lifestyle.

Unfortunately, the name of the club we respected in the 70's  will ultimately be sullied until they tell that wee chap who stood at the top of the stairs to eff aff and leave them alone.

I genuinely wish them all the best with that.

The two best players you've ever seen or played against ?

Easy...Billy Paterson then Kenny Paterson. In that order.

9 hours ago, dk81130 said:

Hi ,

Kind Regards

David Kerr

Chairman 

CRFC

What a kindly offer.

CRFC is in good hands with David running things.

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/05/2020 at 05:33, Tutankhamen said:

What a kindly offer.

CRFC is in good hands with David running things.

They are trying hard i will give them that!  

Let's face  clubs like cambuslang need to do what they need to do to survive currently the club is run by primarily glasgow rangers who have grown up as camby as the local team.

They are trying to tap into the rangers thing it's better than a 'gangster' running the show. 

St Rochs do the same thing very well with glasgow celtic.

Take a crowd of 500 at St Rochs a good 300-350 of them are celtic fans with nothing better to do and have adopted the candy as a second team.

Cambuslang will be trying to replicate that prime example the new home shirt to lure in the hordes. 

Only downside to that is you will never really attract those who don't care about the celtic and rangers thing, people who want to get away from that sort of stuff in non league junior west of scotland football. 

Edited by traffordab

On 16/05/2020 at 12:27, traffordab said:

They are trying hard i will give them that!  

Let's face  clubs like cambuslang need to do what they need to do to survive currently the club is run by primarily glasgow rangers who have grown up as camby as the local team.

They are trying to tap into the rangers thing it's better than a 'gangster' running the show. 

St Rochs do the same thing very well with glasgow celtic.

Take a crowd of 500 at St Rochs a good 300-350 of them are celtic fans with nothing better to do and have adopted the candy as a second team.

Cambuslang will be trying to replicate that prime example the new home shirt to lure in the hordes. 

Only downside to that is you will never really attract those who don't care about the celtic and rangers thing, people who want to get away from that sort of stuff in non league junior west of scotland football. 

A lot of us living in Glasgow detest the Old Firm and that’s why we followed the juniors as you say.