Juniors teams that are linked with the old firm?

edinabear

On 29/03/2020 at 02:42, GordonS said:

Of course, we'll never know how many may have gone to Rangers, because they refused to sign Catholics at that time. 

Maybe we should ask Rangers' new head of communications how he feels about sectarian organisations. 

One Scotland,many cultures

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, thebairns57 said:

Monstrosity of a cambuslang new strip. They really are a toxic club playing up on old firm thing and all the carry on last couple of seasons. 

As an ex hoover employee It would make you weep what's become of a once proud club. 

So what about it offends you that  mutch?

Isi it because of the badge or the fact it’s red white and blue

Both of which have featured on their strips for the past god knows how many years.

1 hour ago, thebairns57 said:

Monstrosity of a cambuslang new strip. They really are a toxic club playing up on old firm thing and all the carry on last couple of seasons. 

As an ex hoover employee It would make you weep what's become of a once proud club. 

Hi The Bairns,

Thank you for your input . To clarify we are in no way a toxic club as you suggest . If you want some figures - go on this then we have sold 160 strips in 2 days now I may be wrong here but I would suggest that in the many years since you hung up your overalls at The Hoover we haven’t sold that many strips . We sold 8 last season .  Have we touched on an old design of a Rangers Strip -yes but it means that the club can now go and buy a new tractor. So for me it was a worthwhile campaign .

When the hoover factory Sadly  closed and many good local people lost jobs it meant that CRFC lost a huge amount of footfall both attending matches and visiting our social club . I believe 10,000 people were employed there at 1 time. Which has hit the club hard and has never fully recovered from this closure.

I am happy for yourself and a friend to come along to a match next season and see the good work that is being done in the community and our fantasy academy. Hopefully we can change your opinion.

Kind Regards

David 
Chairman

Edited by dk81130

On 27/03/2020 at 14:43, .Stuart. said:

A lot of folk assume meadow are linked to rangers due to our colours but I have never seen the two clubs doing anything in an official capacity.

We used to groundshare with an ‘Irvine Celtic’ back in the 1800’s

It all means nothing to the fans thankfully. Many support a number of senior teams and a few only support the Meadow.

That's not how I remember your scummy support when they came to Easter Road for a Scottish Cup tie.

3 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

That's not how I remember your scummy support when they came to Easter Road for a Scottish Cup tie.

I was a wee bit taken aback when the Bo'ness fans went through a proddy medley when Queen's Park were there for a Cup tie a few years ago. Losing just made the day.

3 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Tbf, a game like that attracts the rednecks.

I came back to the West on a train from that game via Shotts. BigotsRus didn't have a look in. Chunts had never been in Irvine in a month of Sundays.

On 05/04/2020 at 21:58, bluearmyfaction said:

Celtic started wearing hoops in 1903, but although St Anthony's claim a foundation date of 1902, this website suggests 1904.  There's a newspaper article from 1933 which backs that up.  Suggests they were nicknamed "the wee Celts".  And the list of players going on to senior clubs here shows none going to Rangers...

But they now appear to have been infiltrated:

2 hours ago, curzonmid said:

Celtic and rangers 

Rangers and Celtic 

They are deeply ingrained in society have been for over 125 years it rubs off on junior clubs and committee men, it shows in comments made at games, or where they hold events or initiatives they support or endeavours they embark in St Rochs and Cambuslang are two good examples of it. 

I'm not criticising just a fact of life and won't ever change .

Jesus. That sounds shite. Glad we don't have any of that pish over here. Fcuk the cheeks.