Juniors teams that are linked with the old firm?

edinabear

I don't want this to go down the obvious negative path but I'm just interested in the origins of some Juniors sides. I'm guessing that Kilwinning Rangers and Cambuslang Rangers are loosely linked to Rangers as are St. Anthonys to Celtic. 

I'm just wondering if there are any other clubs and has there been issues between these sides or has everyone quite rightly moved on? 

I don't want this to go down the obvious negative path but I'm just interested in the origins of some Juniors sides. I'm guessing that Kilwinning Rangers and Cambuslang Rangers are loosely linked to Rangers as are St. Anthonys to Celtic. 
I'm just wondering if there are any other clubs and has there been issues between these sides or has everyone quite rightly moved on? 

You've guessed wrong with the Ants being loosely linked to Celtic. No link at all

Any side with Celtic, Hibs, Harp, Shamrock, Rising Sons of Erin, Blessed Virgin Mary Acolytes,  and Saint something or other in their name are obviously linked to Celtic.

All the rest are good Proddy teams and have no links to anyone at all.

37 minutes ago, Stants1902 said:

You've guessed wrong with the Ants being loosely linked to Celtic. No link at all

Ah ok, apologies. I just took that they played in green and white hoops as a sign of some Celtic influence on them. 

A lot of folk assume meadow are linked to rangers due to our colours but I have never seen the two clubs doing anything in an official capacity.

We used to groundshare with an ‘Irvine Celtic’ back in the 1800’s

It all means nothing to the fans thankfully. Many support a number of senior teams and a few only support the Meadow.

Ah ok, apologies. I just took that they played in green and white hoops as a sign of some Celtic influence on them. 
I understand that Celtic wear green and white hoops because one of their directors attended a St Anthony's match and liked their strip, so chose to copy it.

There was certainly a St Mirren Juniors at one time back in the day.

...and I've always wondered how Cambuslang get away with their badge, its what 99.99% a copy of  the badge of certain other club.

When I go out I often wear my Lochee United scarf, which due to the colours is sometimes mistaken for a Rangers one. Especially in Lochee there is not much love lost for Rangers and neither at Lochee United. When I see shirts of SPFL teams at Lochee United games it's mainly both Dundee teams and occasionally I see a kid wearing a Celtic top. Never seen a Rangers one.

Explicit links are much rarer than you'd initially think..perhaps St Roch's on the Celtic side thanks to the Jimmy McGrory connection and so on, but the Ants always seem to have had a better relationship with Rangers up the road than they have with Celtic...at least that's who answered the call for their centenary game.

There's a danger of reading too much into the demographics of an area...just because say Larkhall Thistle or some of the Ayrshire teams for example play where they do, it doesn't necessarily follow that they're "that way inclined"...

4 hours ago, .Stuart. said:

A lot of folk assume meadow are linked to rangers due to our colours but I have never seen the two clubs doing anything in an official capacity.

We used to groundshare with an ‘Irvine Celtic’ back in the 1800’s

It all means nothing to the fans thankfully. Many support a number of senior teams and a few only support the Meadow.

Songs are the same though in the bigger games (Easter Road) sash? 

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Kelty Herts have a link with Sevco, as they were supposed to be their first opponents in 2012, but Sevco weren't allowed to take part in Stefan Winiarski's testimonial as they didn't have membership of the SFA.

SW testimonial.jpg

Tam courts supports celtic does he no. Cannae see Barry asking celtic back. 

5 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Any side with Celtic, Hibs, Harp, Shamrock, Rising Sons of Erin, Blessed Virgin Mary Acolytes,  and Saint something or other in their name are obviously linked to Celtic...

Emmet seems to have been popular at one point in junior circles but guess he started to slowly be forgotten about after 1916 produced a new set of heroes for those who are that way inclined. Immaculata FC from West Belfast has to be the most spectacular example of the genre with Stella Maris FC from Dublin getting an honourable mention.

5 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Emmet seems to have been popular at one point in junior circles but guess he started to slowly be forgotten about after 1916 produced a new set of heroes for those who are that way inclined. Immaculata FC from West Belfast has to be the most spectacular example of the genre with Stella Maris FC from Dublin getting an honourable mention.

Usually associated with GAA clubs these days.