SPFL payment math

So, the SFPL, in their infinite wisdom have decided to pay:

Celtic, Sevco and Motherwell £395,000 each. The other 9 teams £157,000.

Championship teams receive £26,500 each.

League One teams receive £2,700 each.

League Two teams receive $1,350 each.

Lets do some math. Normal SPFL prize money is based on percentages of total given to positions 1 to 42, ranging from 31.25% to Celtic number 1 down to 0.18% at number 42. The 2019 payout was based upon roughly £25,000,000...this payout totals £2,903,500.

So, let’s check the allocation:

Premier League would normally get 82.28% of the payout, in this scheme they get ~89.46%.

Championship League would normally get 12.05% of the payout, in this scheme they get ~9.13%.

League One would normally get 3.45% of the payout, in this scheme they get ~0.93%.

League Two would normally get 2.25% of the payout, in this scheme they get ~0.46%.

As we can see, this is a quite unfair allocation versus position payment allocation. In my opinion, the correct allocations, based upon precedent and rounded to make it add up, would be roughly:

Premier Top Three (bullshit, but the way they did it) get £362,976 each. The other 9 teams get £144,341.

Championship get £34,987 each, League One get £10,000 each and League Two get £6,600.50 each.

To be even more honest, I’d suggest £140,000 to all Premier teams, £70,000 to all Championship teams, £35,000 to all League One teams and £17,350 to all League Two teams.

£2,700 is virtually no use to any club in this division, it doesn't even cover a weeks wages. Can't help but think payments could've been more fairly spread during a crisis that has numerous clubs facing the wall.
Indeed, I'm sure the likes of Brechin and Annan have had the pressure taken right off thanks to that £1,350.

So, the SFPL, in their infinite wisdom have decided to pay:
Celtic, Sevco and Motherwell £395,000 each. The other 9 teams £157,000.
Championship teams receive £26,500 each.
League One teams receive £2,700 each.
League Two teams receive $1,350 each.
Lets do some math. Normal SPFL prize money is based on percentages of total given to positions 1 to 42, ranging from 31.25% to Celtic number 1 down to 0.18% at number 42. The 2019 payout was based upon roughly £25,000,000...this payout totals £2,903,500.
So, let’s check the allocation:
Premier League would normally get 82.28% of the payout, in this scheme they get ~89.46%.
Championship League would normally get 12.05% of the payout, in this scheme they get ~9.13%.
League One would normally get 3.45% of the payout, in this scheme they get ~0.93%.
League Two would normally get 2.25% of the payout, in this scheme they get ~0.46%.
As we can see, this is a quite unfair allocation versus position payment allocation. In my opinion, the correct allocations, based upon precedent and rounded to make it add up, would be roughly:
Premier Top Three (bullshit, but the way they did it) get £362,976 each. The other 9 teams get £144,341.
Championship get £34,987 each, League One get £10,000 each and League Two get £6,600.50 each.
To be even more honest, I’d suggest £140,000 to all Premier teams, £70,000 to all Championship teams, £35,000 to all League One teams and £17,350 to all League Two teams.

I must say,if the objective of the SPFL was to protect the survival of its member clubs, passing the bulk of it to the arsecheeks and one token diddy club is a funny way of doing it.
Looking at TX suggestion, 35k to League One and 17k to league two would surely have gone a long way to helping them.
Yet again the body further loses credibility with real supporters....

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

I must say,if the objective of the SPFL was to protect the survival of its member clubs, passing the bulk of it to the arsecheeks and one token diddy club is a funny way of doing it.
Looking at TX suggestion, 35k to League One and 17k to league two would surely have gone a long way to helping them.
Yet again the body further loses credibility with real supporters....

Only from those that had retained any credibility in them.

Is this not only the final payment of prize money but evenly split (within a league) rather than cascading? 
It's not the final payment, it's an advance on the normally scheduled April payment, which is the second last payment.

Throughout the season the clubs are given chunks of the money to make up to the minimum that they could get in their division, and that's what has happened here. They will still be due their final, position-based, payment in May/June.

This is budgeted income for the clubs, but they're all getting it a bit earlier than expected to help them out.

It's not the final payment, it's an advance on the normally scheduled April payment, which is the second last payment.

Throughout the season the clubs are given chunks of the money to make up to the minimum that they could get in their division, and that's what has happened here. They will still be due their final, position-based, payment in May/June.

This is budgeted income for the clubs, but they're all getting it a bit earlier than expected to help them out.

I’m sure the £2.7k will be a fantastic help to both Falkirk and Raith Rovers.....

5 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Naw, stick your Americanisms up your arse.

FIFY

6 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

And he starts off by saying "So". OFTW, imho

Pedantic geezer.

12 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Sorry you lost me as soon as you said let’s do the math, next you’ll be saying soccer and we just cannot allow that to stand. Texas resident or not the word is Maths.

That’s your opinion, not mine.

12 hours ago, pantene proV said:

Yes, you've missed 20% of the word you're trying to say there. What would happen if the English language was 20% shorter? Utter carnage TX 

Just hitch your wagon up, and go off to color something humorous.

7 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Er, the word is mathematics. But what he’s doing is the arithmetic.

That counts.

5 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

I'm starting to think that Scottish football is broken. 

FIFY