Your ideal football day out

4 minutes ago, Dele said:

It certainly helps deal with boring b*****ds like you.

Ah, nice original work there.  I'd imagine it might earn you some greenies, so well done.

It's not at all boring of course to read post after post saying 'Get pished on train there, find a pub, get carry out for journey home, then go to pub'.

On 26/03/2020 at 22:20, Thumper said:

At least two hours of train beer, taking over a local pub at the destination end, rocking up to the ground just in time for kickoff, KFC and more beers on the way back.

Though it's shorter to use its official name, "Alloa".

Anyone who classes fucking Alloa as a vintage away day location is OFTW.

12 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Ah, nice original work there.  I'd imagine it might earn you some greenies, so well done.

It's not at all boring of course to read post after post saying 'Get pished on train there, find a pub, get carry out for journey home, then go to pub'.

Perhaps we should add more specific details like ‘watch the team eviscerate Queen of the South’, which has certainly been the Morton fanbase’s most frequent away day experience in recent years.

4B61F62E-7626-4D2E-BE62-3A31CBEC845E.jpeg.fd790b659afe480e96a340c33160a944.jpeg

Just now, virginton said:

Perhaps we should add more specific details like ‘watch the team eviscerate Queen of the South’, which has certainly been the Morton fanbase’s most frequent away day experience in recent years.

4B61F62E-7626-4D2E-BE62-3A31CBEC845E.jpeg.fd790b659afe480e96a340c33160a944.jpeg

Yes, perhaps.  It would certainly break the monotony.

Go to the pub. Get smashed. Go on public transport with carry out. Go to pub in town Pars are playing in. Get really drunk. Don't actually go to the game. Watch results on Sky Sports if pub has a telly. Miss the train whilst waiting on a chicken supper. Sleep in shed when eventually get home. 

38 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Go to the pub. Get smashed. Go on public transport with carry out. Go to pub in town Pars are playing in. Get really drunk. Don't actually go to the game. Watch results on Sky Sports if pub has a telly. Miss the train whilst waiting on a chicken supper. Sleep in shed when eventually get home. 

:lol: Pretty typical of the genre.

Getting pished pre match certainly makes for a more enjoyable viewing experience in this gubbins pub league we all know and love.

That's my hot take anyway.

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:

Getting pished pre match certainly makes for a more enjoyable viewing experience in this gubbins pub league we all know and love.

That's my hot take anyway.

I like a pre-match drink myself, but I've never much enjoyed being really pished at the football.

You spend all afternoon needing the toilet, and struggle to follow or remember the game properly.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I like a pre-match drink myself, but I've never much enjoyed being really pished at the football.

You spend all afternoon needing the toilet, and struggle to follow or remember the game properly.

If you're a bumbling old dotard, sure.

The majority of games are actually very, very dull, so it’s no surprise that having a drink makes the whole experience more enjoyable. 

f**k being one of those weirdo anoraks that turns up on their own with a wee notepad to jot down their thoughts and snivels at folk to sit down.

1 minute ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

f**k being one of those weirdo anoraks that turns up on their own with a wee notepad to jot down their thoughts and snivels at folk to sit down.

Why yes, because there are clearly only two ways to attend football:

Either in the fashion outlined above, or when steaming drunk.

Good point.