Time to announce 2019/2020 season is over?

TheLad

A lot of clubs are going to struggle to come back from this, losing kids from 15-18 at the best of times is high but I’d imagine trying to get them back after a long lay off could be testing. Hopefully we are all back to some form of football in August but I’m a bit like yourself I don’t see it happening this year.

Obviously widespread testing is a non starter at this level, so if it does come back before a vaccine has been found, you wonder how certain things will work to minimise spread, bearing in mind that the kids will be back in school by this point, presumably doing some form of PE.

Most of the measures the pros have taken on the playing side is straightforward enough. Scrap the handshakes and the hugging each other after goals (as much as possible) , have your own bottle (sharing them is clatty anyway), distance spectators, kids arrive in their kit and wash it at home etc.

Then you've got referees go consider. Will we finally move away paper teamsheets and look at electronic alternatives? At least let them be emailed to the secretary and avoid their house looking like the first Harry Potter film. Will there be a better way of paying refs rather than handing them a big bag of coins?

Whatever happens, next season is gonna look very strange, no matter when it starts!

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.irishfa.com/news/2020/june/irish-fa-issue-updated-covid-19-guidelines

This looks interesting. Northern Ireland FA is ahead of others about Covid-19 recovery plans. Their latest plan:

Saturday 06 Jun 2020

Irish FA: Covid-19 recovery plan update

The Irish FA has issued an updated document looking ahead to measures to help an incremental return of grassroots football to Northern Ireland.  

The measures will be introduced from Monday 8 June. 

Some subjects that the document will include are as follows: 

• Playing football individually.
  • Playing football with your family or people living in your household.
  • Football training or fitness activities in groups of no more than six keeping two metres apart at all times.
  • Training for two or more groups of six (including coach).

The document will also cover suggested safety instructions and hygiene protocols. You can download the full Covid-19 recovery plan below (i.e. go to their web site). 

https://www.irishfa.com/news/2020/june/irish-fa-issue-updated-covid-19-guidelines
This looks interesting. Northern Ireland FA is ahead of others about Covid-19 recovery plans. Their latest plan:
Saturday 06 Jun 2020 Irish FA: Covid-19 recovery plan update

The Irish FA has issued an updated document looking ahead to measures to help an incremental return of grassroots football to Northern Ireland.  

The measures will be introduced from Monday 8 June. 

Some subjects that the document will include are as follows: 

• Playing football individually.
  • Playing football with your family or people living in your household.
  • Football training or fitness activities in groups of no more than six keeping two metres apart at all times.
  • Training for two or more groups of six (including coach).

The document will also cover suggested safety instructions and hygiene protocols. You can download the full Covid-19 recovery plan below (i.e. go to their web site). 

They seem on the ball. Unfortunately our authorities are completely failing in regards to communication about when we might restart in this country.

• 3 weeks later...

John Swinney announced today that, if trends continue as they are just now, schools will return full time with no social distancing in August. Do we think football could return then? If social distancing isn’t needed inside, surely it’s not needed, outside, on a football pitch then? 

16 hours ago, Ormi said:

John Swinney announced today that, if trends continue as they are just now, schools will return full time with no social distancing in August. Do we think football could return then? If social distancing isn’t needed inside, surely it’s not needed, outside, on a football pitch then? 

My instinct is that we are looking at least a month after schools restart before there is any chance of organised youth football.

22 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Contact sport for young people permitted possibly as early as the 13th July. Didn't see that coming. Screenshot_20200628-233423_Telegram.jpeg

Think it's only to start Social Distnace sessions from what I have noticed after looking into it. Awaiting SFA to give clear guidance on the situation which takes them ages to figure out.

14 hours ago, Yonas said:

Think it's only to start Social Distnace sessions from what I have noticed after looking into it. Awaiting SFA to give clear guidance on the situation which takes them ages to figure out.

My boys' team had a zoom meeting and that seemed to be the intention, but I'm a little puzzled by it.

The governments' own words: "organised outdoor contact sports can resume for children and young people". Contact sport whilst remaining 2M. apart seems a little difficult, and uneccessary when the SG have given permission.

I note the dentist, hairdressers and opticians start again on the same day, and I doubt anyone is expecting them to remain 2M. apart

I think it refers to contact sports, eg football to differentiate from sports like golf, tennis, angling etc, which have already resumed.
However, the resumption is unlikely to be at full contact. It is misleading but that's pretty standard for them in these times.