Covid 19 Biggest bellend

Covid 19 biggest bellend?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. So which rich bastard has shown their true colours and annoyed you most?

• Tim Martin (Wetherspoons)
    • Richard Branson (Virgin)
    • Mike Ashley (Sports Direct)

This poll is closed to new votes

50 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Typo that totally ruined the joke aside... God hasn't written some of the greatest tunes known to man.

oh oh oh, the sweetest thing.

God probably hasn't got as much money as bono...or need.   There's also the fact that fans of god don't preach as much.   Has he found what he's looking for yet?   

Really disappointed with Morton.

After putting the staff on Furlough, they’ve taken on the lad that runs that CFB Football podcast to run their social media platforms on a voluntary basis, producing YouTube content this morning.

If I was deemed surplus to requirements by my employers only to find someone jumping in to take over on a voluntary basis, I’d be extremely annoyed with both my employer and the vulture that was coming in to take my place.

If a football club isn’t prepared to pay their media staff, then club media should only really be used to convey essential information from either the CEO or the Chairman.

24 minutes ago, Toby said:

Really disappointed with Morton.

After putting the staff on Furlough, they’ve taken on the lad that runs that CFB Football podcast to run their social media platforms on a voluntary basis, producing YouTube content this morning.

If I was deemed surplus to requirements by my employers only to find someone jumping in to take over on a voluntary basis, I’d be extremely annoyed with both my employer and the vulture that was coming in to take my place.

If a football club isn’t prepared to pay their media staff, then club media should only really be used to convey essential information from either the CEO or the Chairman.

They haven't been sacked they have been furloughed.

I also highly doubt the content now being produced is the same as what was being produced before in terms of going around the players and stadium, getting I her views, filming matches etc so it's not the same at all.

If they don't take the original guys back on  after this they are c***s

1 minute ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I assume they can't afford to pay the staff and are using the government scheme to do it while using a volunteer to do some stuff for free. It's better to be furloughed (and not be allowed to work) than be made part-time due to the limited amount of work you can do.

Pretty sure the fella we had doing the social media stuff was part time anyway. There does seem to be a whiff of "scab" about the current situation. If the previous post holder keeps his position after all this then it's not the end of the world but I do find Morton telling the person whose job this is they're not needed at the moment then expecting someone else to do the work for free a bit shitty. Obviously the social media output at the moment can be done from home so there's no reason to furlough the worker.

Either have some do social media, and pay them, or pause it entirely

A friend of my wife had been boasting all over FB about the long walks and cycles they have been doing. Sometimes for around 2-3 hours.
They have now been at A&E with a fractured ankle due to over exercising!
What do some people not understand about the current advice!