Covid 19 Biggest bellend

Covid 19 biggest bellend?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. So which rich bastard has shown their true colours and annoyed you most?

• Tim Martin (Wetherspoons)
    • Richard Branson (Virgin)
    • Mike Ashley (Sports Direct)

This poll is closed to new votes

RE: Tim Martin. A little bit of this caught my eye over the last week.

The story i read was he refused to pay staff and told them to go work in Tesco. That sounds cuntish. Then videos emerged.

The gist of the videos I took as him saying the company couldn't afford to pay wages until the grant came in, but once it did they would be paid all that was due. He also said that some employees may be offered a temporary job in a supermarket, which they may want to take as it would bring in a higher wage. At the end of this, their job with him would still be available should they wish to return. I took this to be a way of extinguishing fears employees may have that if they went to work in Tesco on a temporary contract they could end up unemployed come July. Hardly the "You should go work in a supermarket" quip it was made out to be.

Personal wealth aside (and noone knows how much liquid wealth he has) I can imagine Wetherspoons profit margins being razor thin, meaning covering wages for 3-4 weeks with no sales might be a stretch.

It would obviously be an awful situation to be in as an employee for a few weeks, but it doesn't seem to be that cunty from Martin overall.

30 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

RE: Tim Martin. A little bit of this caught my eye over the last week.

The story i read was he refused to pay staff and told them to go work in Tesco. That sounds cuntish. Then videos emerged.

The gist of the videos I took as him saying the company couldn't afford to pay wages until the grant came in, but once it did they would be paid all that was due. He also said that some employees may be offered a temporary job in a supermarket, which they may want to take as it would bring in a higher wage. At the end of this, their job with him would still be available should they wish to return. I took this to be a way of extinguishing fears employees may have that if they went to work in Tesco on a temporary contract they could end up unemployed come July. Hardly the "You should go work in a supermarket" quip it was made out to be.

Personal wealth aside (and noone knows how much liquid wealth he has) I can imagine Wetherspoons profit margins being razor thin, meaning covering wages for 3-4 weeks with no sales might be a stretch.

It would obviously be an awful situation to be in as an employee for a few weeks, but it doesn't seem to be that cunty from Martin overall.

I work for quite a small company. (Roughly) 50 staff with two partners at the top taking personal responsibility. They both know all of their employees personally. Although they are not perfect, they appear quite willing to risk quite a lot to make sure we’re still employed at the end of this.

Tim Martin runs a large company, and separate legal personality keeps him protected from real risk. He has got where he is by paying his staff below the living wage. He is willing to rehire them if they make it through the current crisis rather than risk any of his £500m wealth and £1.8bn turnover.

c**t.

I work for quite a small company. (Roughly) 50 staff with two partners at the top taking personal responsibility. They both know all of their employees personally. Although they are not perfect, they appear quite willing to risk quite a lot to make sure we’re still employed at the end of this.
Tim Martin runs a large company, and separate legal personality keeps him protected from real risk. He has got where he is by paying his staff below the living wage. He is willing to rehire them if they make it through the current crisis rather than risk any of his £500m wealth and £1.8bn turnover.
c**t.

Our CEO made the wonderful statement that we were more than capable of riding this crisis and in fact had more than enough cash reserve for it (Swedish PLC). He then went on to announce that they wanted to keep that cash reserve and thus all employees were to take a paycut. I can understand the scenario, however, it is clearly shareholders/dividends over employees.

The fact we are a global company with locations in China, India, Thailand, Philippines etc and people working their on very low pay. Many are going to have to dip into their own personal reserves (if they even have any) for the benefit of the company or god knows what.

At the same time he talks about the company looking out for their employees.

Shitty behaviour in my opinion.

15 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Mike Ashley has apologised and offered his entire fleet of lorries to the NHS so it's a battle for top spot between Branson and Martin IMO.

He could have offered the NHS all the Slazenger and Lonsdale gear they want to use as uniforms, it would have cost him about £40.00. He could also have given them all a giant mug as a gift.

No call for Dyson?
Dodgy as f**k him, backs brexit then moves hq to Singapore, applies for contract to provide respirator machines despite having never made them... And wins.
Ok Branson is the fudd paying no tax, got a 20bn NHS contract and still paid no tax and then tried to sue NHS.
Tim Martin is a genuine c**t, from brexit to covid I hope his pubs all die.
Ashley is a greedy twat but he has Dave king in his pocket and will no doubt end the mighty morphin Glasgow rangers with winning his court cases and costs.

No call for Dyson?
Dodgy as f**k him, backs brexit then moves hq to Singapore, applies for contract to provide respirator machines despite having never made them... And wins.

I think the vast majority of the blame there goes to whoever awarded him the contract. Can't really blame the guy for applying.

7 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I think the vast majority of the blame there goes to whoever awarded him the contract. Can't really blame the guy for applying.

I can see it now, he'll supply around 5% of our total ventilator requirements at 50% of the total cost and be lauded as the man who saved Britain. The ventilator equivalent of the Spitfire.

34 minutes ago, Tony Ferrino said:

I can see it now, he'll supply around 5% of our total ventilator requirements at 50% of the total cost and be lauded as the man who saved Britain. The ventilator equivalent of the Spitfire.

Govt has ordered 10 000 of them Dyson has said he will donate the first 5000 at no charge

Better than what the US has signed up to company over there were selling ventilators for $25,000 and have now increased the price to $45,000

9 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Govt has ordered 10 000 of them Dyson has said he will donate the first 5000 at no charge

Better than what the US has signed up to company over there were selling ventilators for $25,000 and have now increased the price to $45,000

I'd be amazed if any of them but a a couple of prototypes arrive until after the peak and they're not needed, but we'll end up with a massive warehouse of them. Handy for the next time I suppose, I hope they last longer than his vacuum cleaners.

1 hour ago, weirdcal said:

No call for Dyson?
Ok Branson is the fudd paying no tax, got a 20bn NHS contract and still paid no tax and then tried to sue NHS.
Tim Martin is a genuine c**t, from brexit to covid I hope his pubs all die.
Ashley is a greedy twat but he has Dave king in his pocket and will no doubt end the mighty morphin Glasgow rangers with winning his court cases and costs.

Dave King is offski so I hope he has a very large pocket to fit Douglas Park in it. 

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'd be amazed if any of them but a a couple of prototypes arrive until after the peak and they're not needed, but we'll end up with a massive warehouse of them. Handy for the next time I suppose, I hope they last longer than his vacuum cleaners.

They are his vacuum cleaners, switched to blow.

19 hours ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

Our CEO made the wonderful statement that we were more than capable of riding this crisis and in fact had more than enough cash reserve for it (Swedish PLC). He then went on to announce that they wanted to keep that cash reserve and thus all employees were to take a paycut. I can understand the scenario, however, it is clearly shareholders/dividends over employees.

The fact we are a global company with locations in China, India, Thailand, Philippines etc and people working their on very low pay. Many are going to have to dip into their own personal reserves (if they even have any) for the benefit of the company or god knows what.

At the same time he talks about the company looking out for their employees.

Shitty behaviour in my opinion.

Simple fact is that most humans are decent folk when nothing's on the line and selfish c***s when their interests conflict with other people's. People who own and run companies are no better. The vast majority of them will say the right things when there's no cost to it and happily chuck you in the bin when it suits.

Folk who don't see that and think they're work actually gives a shit about them need their heads checked.

A new development.

"I work in a micro brewery. This is my personal opinion, not the opinion of my employer.
We have been supplying Wetherspoon for years. They pay rock bottom prices (it’s like charity work supplying them). We have been informed that Wetherspoon will not be paying for the ales we have delivered. They have stopped payments to all breweries from this week. Hang your head in shame Wetherspoon. You’ve already sold the produce. You’ve made your profit. PAY YOUR SUPPLIERS and STAFF, you greedy multi-millionaire. 
I sincerely hope we never supply this mercenary company ever again. I hope people boycott their pubs forever when this is all over"