Jump to content
Hard Graft

Falkirk Council Refuse Collection

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Each bin gets emptied every four weeks. Each bin takes different stuff. If you dont think a family of 4 can generate enough paper and cardboard waste in 4 weeks to fill a bin I dont know what to tell you

I have a family of 4 and we fill (if we left them to get full) the paper / cardboard bin in 8 weeks, plastic / metal in 6-8 weeks and general rubbish in 8 weeks.

It never ceases to amaze me how neighbours with families the same size or smaller than ours have over-full bins every week.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just so I am not whining without offering ideas, cancel the glass bin collection. Loads of glass points all over the place and it's much less bulky/easier for folk to deal with themselves.

 

Cancel the food bin, and food can go in the green bin short term just like it used to.

 

Now instead of weekly food bin collections you end up with empty weeks, and you dont have people swapping a facility thay should probably not even be open

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Hard Graft said:

Falkirk Council have now decided that they will only empty the green bins and the grey food caddies. We will have to store our recyclable waste and our paper ourselves and make arrangements for these to be taken to the dump.  As a cost saving exercise they closed the dump on 2 days of the week. Thought only essential travel etc was acceptable at this time?

Will see how they react if the majority of people decide to suspend paying their council tax.

It’ll gladden your beautiful Falkirkian hearts to know that your Fifeshire neighbours are doing likewise. Our recycling centres are shut and we’re threatening not to collect the recycling bins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Just so I am not whining without offering ideas, cancel the glass bin collection. Loads of glass points all over the place and it's much less bulky/easier for folk to deal with themselves.

 

Cancel the food bin, and food can go in the green bin short term just like it used to.

 

Now instead of weekly food bin collections you end up with empty weeks, and you dont have people swapping a facility thay should probably not even be open

 

 

I wouldn't like to lift @Granny Danger's glass bin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roughmute Coup now closed due to the virus, Will be interesting to see what happens if this continues for a couple of months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My missus' daughter moved into a new property in Falkirk Council area on Saturday. All her bins were left chocka by previous occupier and obviously she had loads ox boxes etc. after the move. Quick phone call and Falkirk Council came round today and emptied all her bins -  Falkirk Council are good guys.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Change of plans by Falkirk Council,the recycle bins will now be collected but with disruption expected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With respect, in these trying times the last thing I would be worrying about is recycling.

If you have stuff you want rid of stick it in a black bag and into your normal waste bin.

 

There are more worrying things to get stressed about at the moment.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if they'll increase the frequency of the green bin collections? No danger is 3 bins worth of stuff going to fit in 1 over a month. 

I also heard that Roughmute was mobbed over the weekend and Monday with idiots treating it as a bank holiday weekend.

A pain in the arse as fly tipping has been increasing across the area, on my usual cycle route I've not spotted 2 full sets of bathroom suites dumped at the side of the road. The reduced days and hours at Roughmute over the last year or so have not helped at all... 

Also Cllr Paul Garner, nice lad but annoyingly looks like John Bomber Brown 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

I wonder if they'll increase the frequency of the green bin collections? No danger is 3 bins worth of stuff going to fit in 1 over a month. 

I also heard that Roughmute was mobbed over the weekend and Monday with idiots treating it as a bank holiday weekend.

A pain in the arse as fly tipping has been increasing across the area, on my usual cycle route I've not spotted 2 full sets of bathroom suites dumped at the side of the road. The reduced days and hours at Roughmute over the last year or so have not helped at all... 

Also Cllr Paul Garner, nice lad but annoyingly looks like John Bomber Brown 😂

Bathroom suites are hard to miss...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Folk from Falkirk really are arseholes.

Fighting a global pandemic and folk are wetting themselves about keeping hold of a few bags of what should be dry, clean recycling for a few weeks.

Fucking hell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/03/2020 at 12:53, tamthebam said:

Seagulls, craws, rats and foxes- nature's refuse collectors..

And good at it they are too. The problems come when animals like us start eating them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, H Wragg said:

With respect, in these trying times the last thing I would be worrying about is recycling.

If you have stuff you want rid of stick it in a black bag and into your normal waste bin.

 

There are more worrying things to get stressed about at the moment.

 

 

 

This is daft. It doesn't take a massive effort to sort recycling. Folk have more time at the moment to do so anyway. It's not a binary thing where you can only care about recycling or the coronavirus, or that people can only be concerned by a set number of things.

I'm not sure how concerns over coronavirus mean that someone can't put an item of rubbish in the correct bin anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

pain in the arse as fly tipping has been increasing across the area, on my usual cycle route 

Are you worried they'll find your burial sites?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the foggy Capital of Scotland I got my food waste and garden waste bins collected today. Hoping they come back tomorrow for the landfill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...