Falkirk Council Refuse Collection

With respect, in these trying times the last thing I would be worrying about is recycling.

If you have stuff you want rid of stick it in a black bag and into your normal waste bin.

There are more worrying things to get stressed about at the moment.

I wonder if they'll increase the frequency of the green bin collections? No danger is 3 bins worth of stuff going to fit in 1 over a month. 

I also heard that Roughmute was mobbed over the weekend and Monday with idiots treating it as a bank holiday weekend.

A pain in the arse as fly tipping has been increasing across the area, on my usual cycle route I've not spotted 2 full sets of bathroom suites dumped at the side of the road. The reduced days and hours at Roughmute over the last year or so have not helped at all... 

Also Cllr Paul Garner, nice lad but annoyingly looks like John Bomber Brown 😂

1 hour ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

I wonder if they'll increase the frequency of the green bin collections? No danger is 3 bins worth of stuff going to fit in 1 over a month. 

I also heard that Roughmute was mobbed over the weekend and Monday with idiots treating it as a bank holiday weekend.

A pain in the arse as fly tipping has been increasing across the area, on my usual cycle route I've not spotted 2 full sets of bathroom suites dumped at the side of the road. The reduced days and hours at Roughmute over the last year or so have not helped at all... 

Also Cllr Paul Garner, nice lad but annoyingly looks like John Bomber Brown 😂

Bathroom suites are hard to miss...

Folk from Falkirk really are arseholes.

Fighting a global pandemic and folk are wetting themselves about keeping hold of a few bags of what should be dry, clean recycling for a few weeks.

Fucking hell.

20 hours ago, H Wragg said:

With respect, in these trying times the last thing I would be worrying about is recycling.

If you have stuff you want rid of stick it in a black bag and into your normal waste bin.

There are more worrying things to get stressed about at the moment.

This is daft. It doesn't take a massive effort to sort recycling. Folk have more time at the moment to do so anyway. It's not a binary thing where you can only care about recycling or the coronavirus, or that people can only be concerned by a set number of things.

I'm not sure how concerns over coronavirus mean that someone can't put an item of rubbish in the correct bin anyway.

• 2 years later...
2 minutes ago, JordanBlack said:

This kind of decision shouldn't be taken so quickly. There should be at least two or three stages, including discussions and debates.

So long as the final stage includes someone taking away my empties, I couldn't agree more.

Some bump.

Falkirk Council back in the local news today, rather depressingly under discussions to shut a number of the high school pools, which obviously.are used during school times but also for swimming lessons etc, and also taking a yearly 35 quid fee to empty the garden waste bin

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Some bump.

Falkirk Council back in the local news today, rather depressingly under discussions to shut a number of the high school pools, which obviously.are used during school times but also for swimming lessons etc, and also taking a yearly 35 quid fee to empty the garden waste bin

My folks live in Clackmannanshire and they have to pay for the garden waste bin. Only a matter of time before it comes our way. 

7 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

My folks live in Clackmannanshire and they have to pay for the garden waste bin. Only a matter of time before it comes our way. 

Yeah, they can GTF will the pool closures though. What an absute shit show we are presiding over if we can't provide that Facility for school kids to learn to swim