Falkirk Council Refuse Collection

28 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

My folks live in Clackmannanshire and they have to pay for the garden waste bin. Only a matter of time before it comes our way. 

Aye. And the beggars don't do kerbside glass collections any more either. With the diesel I burn doing the back and forth to the bottle bank I'm not sure I'm much helping the drive toward Net Zero...  

1 minute ago, alta-pete said:

Aye. And the beggars don't do kerbside glass collections any more either. With the diesel I burn doing the back and forth to the bottle bank I'm not sure I'm much helping the drive toward Net Zero...  

Tell me about it. My dad is too ill to lift a box of glass, and mum isn't all that strong. Add to that they ID cars coming into the dump to make sure they are from the county, so I can't even just load up my car and do it for them. 

I end up putting the glass in my mum's boot, and my niece goes with my mum to dump them. 

Pain in the arse. 

14 minutes ago, Slim Charles. said:

Some local authorities still not charging for garden waste ? Edinburgh has been doing it for around 3-4 years now.

They don't in Fife, but have a big plant to turn the gas released when it rots into energy so I guess with the current prices that must cover a good chunk of the costs.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

They don't in Fife, but have a big plant to turn the gas released when it rots into energy so I guess with the current prices that must cover a good chunk of the costs.

Aye, that'll help I guess. I know that the Scottish Government used to subsidise garden waste pick ups with a grant which ended a few years ago.

Some bump.

Falkirk Council back in the local news today, rather depressingly under discussions to shut a number of the high school pools, which obviously.are used during school times but also for swimming lessons etc, and also taking a yearly 35 quid fee to empty the garden waste bin
Schools with swimming pools. WoW.

3 hours ago, Slim Charles. said:

Some local authorities still not charging for garden waste ? Edinburgh has been doing it for around 3-4 years now.

In parts Erskine we don't have a garden waste bin. We have sacks for glass and plastics and one for paper. When I moved in I enquired about buying bins as some in street have them but at £50 a go decided just to stick to the bags provided. I did buy a non-recyclable bin though. Streets a mess on pick up day as bags have to be out night before. so birds and foxes rip them apart.

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah, they can GTF will the pool closures though. What an absute shit show we are presiding over if we can't provide that Facility for school kids to learn to swim 

You’ve got the canal, the Carron, the Forth…