Falkirk Council Refuse Collection

1 minute ago, Junior Pub League said:

What the duck are you doing then?

The website says its a four weekly cycle if your family are filling three bins every four weeks you really need to take a hard look at yourself and your footprint.

Each bin gets emptied every four weeks. Each bin takes different stuff. If you dont think a family of 4 can generate enough paper and cardboard waste in 4 weeks to fill a bin I dont know what to tell you

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Each bin gets emptied every four weeks. Each bin takes different stuff. If you dont think a family of 4 can generate enough paper and cardboard waste in 4 weeks to fill a bin I dont know what to tell you

Our collections are fortnightly and we can fill the rubbish and recycling ones no bother. The brown bin could probably last 6 - 8 weeks during the winter, but once the grass cutting season starts it can be filled up no bother. And there are only 3 in our house, no little lodgers now.

I also made regular trips to the dump.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

You can apply to the Council for a larger green bin

You can apply to the Council for a larger green bin
I don't have a problem with my bins when they are being collected.

What I have a problem with is being told that leaving the house should be kept to an absolute minimum, then being told I have to gather up my rubbish, which is fairly abundant, and make regular trips to the same cowp as tens of thousands of other people, because the council have arbitrarily swung the axe at recycling bin collections.

Just been to the local Aldi for milk. Lucky if there were about 10 in people in there. No pasta, very few tinned goods, bread or fresh meat. But plenty of fresh fruit and veg, frozen goods of all kinds, sliced meats, milk eggs, cheese galore. All the booze you could possibly want.

Hopefully this means people have stopped panicking like f**k.

Is this measures to combat staff shortages due to the virus or a planned cut due to budget restraints ? If it's the later it will have been approved weeks or months ago to come into affect from 1 April. I doubt anyone on the Council would have even heard if Corona Virus at the meeting that rubber stamped it. Councils in general are stuck between a rock and a hard place right now. People just need to get on with things best they can.

Is this measures to combat staff shortages due to the virus or a planned cut due to budget restraints ? If it's the later it will have been approved weeks or months ago to come into affect from 1 April. I doubt anyone on the Council would have even heard if Corona Virus at the meeting that rubber stamped it. Councils in general are stuck between a rock and a hard place right now. People just need to get on with things best they can.
It's a Corona virus measure.

13 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I have a family of 4 and we fill (if we left them to get full) the paper / cardboard bin in 8 weeks, plastic / metal in 6-8 weeks and general rubbish in 8 weeks.

It never ceases to amaze me how neighbours with families the same size or smaller than ours have over-full bins every week.  

Just so I am not whining without offering ideas, cancel the glass bin collection. Loads of glass points all over the place and it's much less bulky/easier for folk to deal with themselves.

Cancel the food bin, and food can go in the green bin short term just like it used to.

Now instead of weekly food bin collections you end up with empty weeks, and you dont have people swapping a facility thay should probably not even be open

22 hours ago, Hard Graft said:

Falkirk Council have now decided that they will only empty the green bins and the grey food caddies. We will have to store our recyclable waste and our paper ourselves and make arrangements for these to be taken to the dump.  As a cost saving exercise they closed the dump on 2 days of the week. Thought only essential travel etc was acceptable at this time?

Will see how they react if the majority of people decide to suspend paying their council tax.

It’ll gladden your beautiful Falkirkian hearts to know that your Fifeshire neighbours are doing likewise. Our recycling centres are shut and we’re threatening not to collect the recycling bins.

50 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Just so I am not whining without offering ideas, cancel the glass bin collection. Loads of glass points all over the place and it's much less bulky/easier for folk to deal with themselves.

Cancel the food bin, and food can go in the green bin short term just like it used to.

Now instead of weekly food bin collections you end up with empty weeks, and you dont have people swapping a facility thay should probably not even be open

I wouldn't like to lift @Granny Danger's glass bin.

My missus' daughter moved into a new property in Falkirk Council area on Saturday. All her bins were left chocka by previous occupier and obviously she had loads ox boxes etc. after the move. Quick phone call and Falkirk Council came round today and emptied all her bins -  Falkirk Council are good guys.