Falkirk Council Refuse Collection

Falkirk Council have now decided that they will only empty the green bins and the grey food caddies. We will have to store our recyclable waste and our paper ourselves and make arrangements for these to be taken to the dump.  As a cost saving exercise they closed the dump on 2 days of the week. Thought only essential travel etc was acceptable at this time?

Will see how they react if the majority of people decide to suspend paying their council tax.

Edited by Hard Graft
spelling

I'm currently isolating myself and my family. How the f**k am I supposed to get rid of rubbish? This is a ridiculous decision. Now everyone in the area has to congregate at the cowps regularly resulting in loads and loads of unnecessary travel? Holy shit

Just now, Marshmallo said:

Probably not the official guidance, but anything to stop folk putting it in black bags, tying them at the top and then just chucking them in the green bin?

Nope. Not like the binman is inspecting the contents of each bin before throwing it on the lorry. I think we can forgive a few weeks of recycling during a global pandemic.

The lack of thought behind that decision is staggering.

There has to be at least a two stage process in local government.  Officials need to propose, politicians need to approve.  How the hell has someone during that process not thought about the implications?

Massive increase in fly tipping round the Union canal recently as well. Seems to br especially bad on the way to Canada wood and the paths leading from Glenfuir road to the canal and into Summerford Park. It'll get worse if this proposal is implemented.

Edited by Rizzo

East Ren are doing something similar.  Our garden/food waste was collected today (I hope, i've not ventured down the drive to check), glass and plastics is being emptied next week, then as far as I can tell it's black bin (landfill waste) and glass and plastics alternating weeks.

Everything else is now to go in the black bin.

My local Sainsburys has a large recycling bit, so I may have to take cardboard and stuff down when I go out to do my shopping.

27 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Nope. Not like the binman is inspecting the contents of each bin before throwing it on the lorry. I think we can forgive a few weeks of recycling during a global pandemic.

It'll save most of it getting dumped on West African beaches.

16 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Unpopular opinions thread for this pish but we should have waste incinerators like the scandis do.

The majority of Edinburgh’s waste goes to the incinerator at Millerhill. There’s another operational one at Dunbar and a few others being constructed or commissioned across the central belt.

57 minutes ago, Hard Graft said:

Will see how they react if the majority of people decide to suspend paying their council tax.

The majority will not suspend paying their council tax.

And will you be withholding all your council tax or only the amount that relates to refuse collection and not the portion that goes towards other important services like social care?

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I'm currently isolating myself and my family. How the f**k am I supposed to get rid of rubbish? This is a ridiculous decision. Now everyone in the area has to congregate at the cowps regularly resulting in loads and loads of unnecessary travel? Holy shit

Seagulls, craws, rats and foxes- nature's refuse collectors..

26 minutes ago, Romeo said:

The majority will not suspend paying their council tax.

And will you be withholding all your council tax or only the amount that relates to refuse collection and not the portion that goes towards other important services like social care?

That comment came from what people are saying on Facebook. I do not think the majority of people will withhold but there is a strong feeling against the Council who increased the tax by 4.8% and the members of the Council  who are intent on building a new council building and civic centre at whatever the cost.

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

East Ren are doing something similar.  Our garden/food waste was collected today (I hope, i've not sent a minion ventured down the drive to check), glass and plastics is being emptied next week, then as far as I can tell it's black bin (landfill waste) and glass and plastics alternating weeks.

Everything else is now to go in the black bin.

My local Sainsburys has a large recycling bit, so I may have to take cardboard and stuff down when I go out to do my shopping.

FTFY