Lockdown Achievements

25 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I tried to take a heavy wardrobe up a spiral staircase on my own a few months ago; the fucker fell on me and pinned me against a radiator until I could hack my way out with a nearby hatchet I'd been using earlier. It took hours, but breaking that spiteful fucker up into pieces was deeply satisfying, as was piling it up in the back yard and burning it to smouldering ash. I wish I'd known some pagan rites I could have performed while dancing around naked, but alas.

Never been so angry at an inanimate object.

37 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Was breaking up some furniture earlier and chucking it in a skip. Very therapeutic. Managed to do the classic trick of stamping on a bit of wood with a nail sticking out and got a nail right through the sole of my trainer into my heel. 

Another day, another injury.

41 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I tried to take a heavy wardrobe up a spiral staircase on my own a few months ago; the fucker fell on me and pinned me against a radiator until I could hack my way out with a nearby hatchet I'd been using earlier. It took hours, but breaking that spiteful fucker up into pieces was deeply satisfying, as was piling it up in the back yard and burning it to smouldering ash. I wish I'd known some pagan rites I could have performed while dancing around naked, but alas.

Never been so angry at an inanimate object.

Some supplier at work used to give my dad a Pirelli calendar each Christmas (nsfw if you have to google image search them). Spotted he had stashed one on top of his wardrobe so home alone one day as a kid I climbed up the wardrobe. Like you, it came crashing down on me and I had to stay pinned to the ground for hours until my folks came home. 

6 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Some supplier at work used to give my dad a Pirelli calendar each Christmas (nsfw if you have to google image search them). Spotted he had stashed one on top of his wardrobe so home alone one day as a kid I climbed up the wardrobe. Like you, it came crashing down on me and I had to stay pinned to the ground for hours until my folks came home. 

You started as you meant to go on then, you do realise Captain Scarlet did not test his invulnerability on a daily basis. It was just those pesky Mysterons & the dastardly Captain Black (reported for racism) who kept trying to kill him.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

I'm picturing you unable to move, with the ladies of Pirelli on the floor mere inches away from your flailing hand  :lol:

I didn't have the excuse of being a child, of course  :unsure:

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

I think you may be dyspraxic.

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Was breaking up some furniture earlier and chucking it in a skip. Very therapeutic. Managed to do the classic trick of stamping on a bit of wood with a nail sticking out and got a nail right through the sole of my trainer into my heel. 

You’re a fucking tit. 

I was sawing up an old gate earlier and it was very therapeutic. I managed to do it without injuring myself or anyone else

19 minutes ago, Rugster said:

You’re a fucking tit. 

I was sawing up an old gate earlier and it was very therapeutic. I managed to do it without injuring myself or anyone else

Didn’t bother with any tools whatsoever. Cabinets, dining chairs, tv unit, patio furniture all smashed to f**k with bare hands. 

6 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Didn’t bother with any tools whatsoever. Cabinets, dining chairs, tv unit, patio furniture all smashed to f**k with bare hands. 

You missed a trick, was helping my dad take down some sheds today in a process involving sledgehammers.

Great fun.

55 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I'd have used my robot hand for good!  :angry:

TerrificScholarlyGrouper-size_restricted