Lockdown Achievements

This is what my wife has been doing during lockdown, making 1/24 scale models. The frying pans, mop bucket and brazier were made out of takeaway foil trays. No idea what to do with them, they're probably headed for the loft.

15 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

This is what my wife has been doing during lockdown, making 1/24 scale models. The frying pans, mop bucket and brazier were made out of takeaway foil trays. No idea what to do with them, they're probably headed for the loft.

That’s brilliant. Completely fucking mental but brilliant nonetheless.

20 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

The only shop that @Bairnardo can reach the top shelf.

28 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

13 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

That’s brilliant. Completely fucking mental but brilliant nonetheless.

Agreed. Watching it I thought "Here, that's really cool. I wonder how long tha..." *at this point a hand entered shot and lifted the shop frontage off*. "Oh forfuck sake." :lol:

Some effort! 

I decided I needed to lose weight and start eating better and exercising more. I started on the 13th May and have lost just over a stone as of today 😊

Edited by Jambomo

I’ve managed to appear on a mental health charity CD alongside 80s synth pop duo Blancmange (think Berocca treadmill advert).  It’s sold out but digital download still available. All proceeds to the Campaign Against Living Miserably (ironic I know) so if you’ve a couple of quid to bung at them,  here you go: 

https://www.thecalmzone.net

https://wormholeworld.bandcamp.com/album/a-picture-of-good-health-31

On 12/06/2020 at 09:44, Bell™ said:

I did once set a quiz which was a drinking game for a pal's stag do. it was incredibly rigged (one question was 'name a four-piece band from Liverpool', he says the Beatles, but the answer i had written down was Carcass) and he ended up having to tan the entire 2l bottle of Strongbow himself. Might have contributed to why he tapped out at 11PM, in hindsight.

Greenie just for that.

That Arkwright's Shop and Space Marine painting are amazing, BTW. Always been in awe of folk who can do that kind of shit. After five minutes I'd be destroying the place like yon laddie from Chewin' the Fat.

3 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Greenie just for that.

That Arkwright's Shop and Space Marine painting are amazing, BTW. Always been in awe of folk who can do that kind of shit. After five minutes I'd be destroying the place like yon laddie from Chewin' the Fat.

Haha cheers Dave, some of the painting skills you see online are outrageous, takes some patience, but you can get a half decent look with a couple of techniques, find it oddly relaxing and its been a perfect time killer in lockdown

As a wee extra, here is my whole army in all its blood-red glory

20200711_143109.thumb.jpg.1047e6a4f14b35905527e335f0a923de.jpg

Edited by Doctor

4 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Greenie just for that.

For the first time ever, I've used up my Greenie allocation and it's not even 9:30am here. I must be feeling uncharacteristically chipper. Consider this greenied all the same.

I'd be in the exact same boat. I always dreaded receiving an Airfix model for Christmas because I felt obliged to try and make them. The end result always looked like I'd melted it. Neither the dexterity nor the patience for stuff like that. Hats off to those who can do it.

Was breaking up some furniture earlier and chucking it in a skip. Very therapeutic. Managed to do the classic trick of stamping on a bit of wood with a nail sticking out and got a nail right through the sole of my trainer into my heel. 

On 07/07/2020 at 08:06, NewBornBairn said:

Have you guys seen Hereditary? The lady in that makes those kinds of models. Then she starts crawling about on the ceiling like a spider trying to murder her family. 

1 hour ago, Shotgun said:

For the first time ever, I've used up my Greenie allocation and it's not even 9:30am here. I must be feeling uncharacteristically chipper. Consider this greenied all the same.

I'd be in the exact same boat. I always dreaded receiving an Airfix model for Christmas because I felt obliged to try and make them. The end result always looked like I'd melted it. Neither the dexterity nor the patience for stuff like that. Hats off to those who can do it.

Start dishing out the reds, m9. You know you want to.

4 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Was breaking up some furniture earlier and chucking it in a skip. Very therapeutic. Managed to do the classic trick of stamping on a bit of wood with a nail sticking out and got a nail right through the sole of my trainer into my heel. 

I tried to take a heavy wardrobe up a spiral staircase on my own a few months ago; the fucker fell on me and pinned me against a radiator until I could hack my way out with a nearby hatchet I'd been using earlier. It took hours, but breaking that spiteful fucker up into pieces was deeply satisfying, as was piling it up in the back yard and burning it to smouldering ash. I wish I'd known some pagan rites I could have performed while dancing around naked, but alas.

Never been so angry at an inanimate object.

12 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Shame it never went through a toe.  Might have improved the aesthetics.

2 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I tried to take a heavy wardrobe up a spiral staircase on my own a few months ago; the fucker fell on me and pinned me against a radiator until I could hack my way out with a nearby hatchet I'd been using earlier. It took hours, but breaking that spiteful fucker up into pieces was deeply satisfying, as was piling it up in the back yard and burning it to smouldering ash. I wish I'd known some pagan rites I could have performed while dancing around naked, but alas.

Never been so aroused by an inanimate object.

FTFY 

16 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Show us your stigmata, you know you want to.

4 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Show us your stigmata, you know you want to.

I hadn't even twigged that was his whole reason for posting that  :rolleyes:

Come on, foot out for the lads. Again.