Lockdown Achievements

18 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Found a radio station on Alexa today ‘wave gold’ not a bad song all day, made the gardening quite enjoyable today 

Ask for ‘70s music (if you appreciate that era) or Virgin Anthems; the latter has occasional adverts though.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Ask for ‘70s music (if you appreciate that era) or Virgin Anthems; the latter has occasional adverts though.

The wife always has the 70s on, always first class as well, I’ll try the other 👌

2 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

An incredible album! One of my favourites. I was listening to Still by Pete Sinfield last week - great lyricist. Probably skip over his Bucks Fizz collaborations, though.

The song of the sea goat !, nae idea what it was about , but a random guess would suggest hallucinogenic substances had been sampled , in industrial quantities 

Edited by bishopburn boy

15 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Just listening to it now.  Our son gave us an Echo a couple of Christmases ago, one of the best presents I’ve ever had.

Do you not let your wife use it?

16 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Just listening to it now.  Our son gave us an Echo a couple of Christmases ago, one of the best presents I’ve ever had.

Top effort from the boy, really thoughtful and useful.

A bit of intra-family support and goodwill goes a long way at the moment. My wife has introduced our first hashtag* into our "Faimly" [sic] WhatsApp group: #happyhighlight - to tell the rest of us about something that was good for you that day. It's worked really well, from simple things like getting a delivery slot from Tesco to absolutely brilliant photos from walks. Last week, my #happyhighlight was a birthday present where they had all made me a quiz based upon Richard Osman's House of Games, but with me-specific areas of interest, and I had to do it during an online family meeting. Top-notch production values, including a tray of low-value prizes as on the real show.

Also, the boys and I are baffling the distaff side by shortening it to #hh, then using #hailhail, then "big team found", and so on. So much pleasure from alienating your nearest and dearest.

* Ironically. I hope.

I’ve also got a bath/shower tap combo thing to change when I get home as the mixer appears to be fucked. Any idea how I’d go about doing this?

Finally got round to changing this out, which was a piece of piss after consulting with YouTube.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Still going with the film/movie theme.

Your scrotums are looking much more taut and virile. This break has done wonders for your artistic skills.

53 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Your scrotums are looking much more taut and virile. This break has done wonders for your artistic skills.

Yeah just like anything it just takes a bit of work. I was always good at drawing and you can clearly see I come from an engineering/architecture background from looking at the pic. It’s been a race against time when I did the 9/11 one and Phallasic park as I’ve done it when my daughters been asleep so there’s the risk of her waking up and putting me off my stroke or my gf coming in and tearing the drawing into pieces and throwing it in the bin. I’m also working with a limited range of pencils and pens and cheap office A4 paper and I’d like to improve on my materials going forward.

One thing about 9/11 was that the weather on the morning was absolutely perfect which you don’t often get in NYC as it was always either too hot or too cold but the sky looked incredible that morning. Because of how perfect a day it was every single victim of the atrocity is remembered in the 9/11 museum by their own unique shade of blue card that is attached to a massive wall and if I had some more crayons I would like to have honoured that a little bit more by colouring the sky a bit better. I also tried to draw the bell end of the plane that hit the north tower but I only have a thick red tip pen which looked clumsy so I tried to disguise it as flames from the inferno despite there being no red flames present at the time the 2nd plane struck.

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

Yeah just like anything it just takes a bit of work. I was always good at drawing and you can clearly see I come from an engineering/architecture background from looking at the pic. It’s been a race against time when I did the 9/11 one and Phallasic park as I’ve done it when my daughters been asleep so there’s the risk of her waking up and putting me off my stroke or my gf coming in and tearing the drawing into pieces and throwing it in the bin. I’m also working with a limited range of pencils and pens and cheap office A4 paper and I’d like to improve on my materials going forward.

One thing about 9/11 was that the weather on the morning was absolutely perfect which you don’t often get in NYC as it was always either too hot or too cold but the sky looked incredible that morning. Because of how perfect a day it was every single victim of the atrocity is remembered in the 9/11 museum by their own unique shade of blue card that is attached to a massive wall and if I had some more crayons I would like to have honoured that a little bit more by colouring the sky a bit better. I also tried to draw the bell end of the plane that hit the north tower but I only have a thick red tip pen which looked clumsy so I tried to disguise it as flames from the inferno despite there being no red flames present at the time the 2nd plane struck.

Are you taking requests?