Lockdown Achievements

Can you list the books? I was going to do something similar.

He’s mostly studied Russian literature, with his PhD being on the works of Vladimir Nabokov, so wasn’t really sure what to fully expect. Was pleasantly surprised to see Roald Dahl in there!

a1062bdc-d197-4920-a3c6-7a8d6f14d656.jpg

He’s mostly studied Russian literature, with his PhD being on the works of Vladimir Nabokov, so wasn’t really sure what to fully expect. Was pleasantly surprised to see Roald Dahl in there!

a1062bdc-d197-4920-a3c6-7a8d6f14d656.thumb.jpg.6c2d900879c09e69d8227874e909573c.jpg
Have read the Twits and seen loads of episodes of Tipping Point so I am quite pleased to say I am an intellectual now.

4 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Surely Waiting for Godot is better seen than read.

I’ve only read two (1984 and Clockwork Orange).

So that’s 85%.

12 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Better with a cowboy or a bit of Sven Hassel.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

So that’s 85%.

Didn’t know you’d read A Clockwork Orange. Sorry to always be comparing you to the angry old man who got duffed up by Alex and his Droogs.

image.jpeg

[mention=14746]MONKMAN[/mention] starting to sweat as he gets to number 70, then 80, 90... on the list and still there’s no sign of the Stephen Dobbie Colouring Book.

I’d be doing well in a list of 10!

I’ve plenty of pictures of Stephen to see me through lockdown though, some of them even have me in them also.

Running joke, not a particularly good one I may add, but I always get Mrs Monkman’s birthday/Christmas cards off moonpig. They’re generally of the “from the both of us variety” and contain a photo of myself and Stephen on the front. She found it slightly funny the first time, several years down the line and I think it’s getting a bit tedious for her. Her parents have asked several times why I send her pictures of me and a random guy.

Will I ever stop doing it? Probably not.

4 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Didn’t know you’d read A Clockwork Orange. Sorry to always be comparing you to the angry old man who got duffed up by Alex and his Droogs.

image.jpeg

The book came out on the early 70s; very popular with my age group at the time.

16 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

So that’s 85%.

^^^^ Playing-to-the-gallery type post.

Finally painted the shed I got nearly 2 years ago.

Gonnae paint the fence and the decking, will also probably get the ladder out and do the facia boards.

I've also got plans to tidy up the garden and do all those wee jobs you never seem to have time for.

Can't wait 😒

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If it came out in the 60s I would indeed have been a schoolboy.

5 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

It's Granny Danger numbers we're talking here...

It was released again with a "groovy" cover to cash in on the film. That's the one I had.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It was released again with a "groovy" cover to cash in on the film. That's the one I had.

I saw the film, it put me off reading the book.