Lockdown Achievements

Managed to stay off booze, I have one pint on a Saturday night watching a film. Boring but I don’t want to start drinking in the house.

Trying to plan an online course that’s meaningful now. I’ve ran out of house jobs already and tbh apart from scarifying the grass and touching the fence and shed up there’s not much else. It would be good to come out of this with a qualification. 
Last time I had more than two weeks off work was in the late 90s when I was at college. 

1 hour ago, NJ2 said:

That’s a great effort mate, keep going! Might not the highs of getting wrecked, but it’s worth it to not have the lows after it.

Sounds cheesy but I appreciate the natural highs much more now. Shagging and scrapping rulez ok.

56 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Is this what we’ve come to?

Jigsaws on carpets and sheds that are widden?

Hide contents

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens next is it?

And it's only week 2...

5 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Managed to stay off booze, I have one pint on a Saturday night watching a film. Boring but I don’t want to start drinking in the house.

Trying to plan an online course that’s meaningful now. I’ve ran out of house jobs already and tbh apart from scarifying the grass and touching the fence and shed up there’s not much else. It would be good to come out of this with a qualification. 
Last time I had more than two weeks off work was in the late 90s when I was at college. 

Why is it boring to not drink alcohol?

Have you looked at the Open University website?

Here's a link to their free online courses;

https://www.open.edu/openlearn/free-courses/full-catalogue

Went shopping. Didn't have to queue for too long. Bought stuff I wouldn't usually buy. Can't help think Sainsbury's are war profiteering but as there's nothing else to waste my money on right now I might as well pig out.

Halo knows the score:

IMG_20200402_163251761.thumb.jpg.94d04adcad9b2dd610a8ecba244a7628.jpg

Why is it boring to not drink alcohol?

Have you looked at the Open University website?

Here's a link to their free online courses;

https://www.open.edu/openlearn/free-courses/full-catalogue

It is for me, as I’ve been using it as a coping mechanism for some time now. I can’t answer for other people but anyone abstaining deserves credit imo

Sorry @DA Baracus I’ve misread your post. I don’t think not drinking is boring as such, but it gives me a lot of time in my head which historically hasn’t always been a good thing, my way of dealing with that has been worse though.

It is for me, as I’ve been using it as a coping mechanism for some time now. I can’t answer for other people but anyone abstaining deserves credit imo
I have a 5 year old and toddler under 2. Stuck indoors. No real outlet for energy. Of course a vino relaxo is happening. It's not as if tanning a bottle a night. It's one or two whilst unwinding watching what ever shite she who was be obeyed has recorded.
Side note. She's dealing with the kids all day whilst I hide in my office.. working.