Lockdown Achievements

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Campo Viejo Rioja lastnight. Was delicious. Paired with a duck breast stir fry type deal.

£6.50

I buy that all the time as well as Casillero del Diablo.  

Brought a few things together yesterday after some false starts.

We punted our old piano a couple of weeks ago, replacing it with a Kawai KDP 110. Delighted with the new kit, can't actually believe that I can afford a piano that feels and sounds as good as this. (I am still very rubbish at playing it, though; but that's one for future Lockdown Achievements sugna to worry about.)

I also have some old computer kit to find a use for or dispose of. Really quite out-dated stuff, laptops from about 8 years ago. They are part of a clear-out from a younger family member, and I've been trying to distribute to good homes, where all people need is a browser and the things that come with it such as Drive.

Yesterday I managed to hook-up one of the laptops that's running Ubuntu to the new pianay, using MIDI over USB. Captured 8 bars of my (frankly, lamentable) playing, then played it back through the digital piano. Punted it into the cloud as a MIDI file, then accessed it and played it back on my phone.

All that connectivity stuff is now working great for me, and I am stoked about the possibilities.

The only slightly tricky part was getting the "DAW" application, Rosegarden, to do its stuff. But I'm hoping that's solid now it's done.

tl;dr I've found another reason not to practise piano.

2 hours ago, weirdcal said:

Successfully worked around work IT settings to install my home printer and scanner to scan documents for a massive project I am working on.

Expecting some bother down the line if they do a program check but I get the feeling that as the director of pension admin is project lead my ingenuity might be a saving grace towards delivering project on time and it will be brushed under carpet once I promise to remove when project/ lockdown is over.

The joys.

At least if they sack you then you can scan your arse into their system.

Guest Moomintroll
I just had a roll on fried egg and beans.

Yes, I am in the correct thread.

I might be ill but don't you bloody come in here with your roll on pish or there will be a reckoning.

I might be ill but don't you bloody come in here with your roll on pish or there will be a reckoning. 
"Roll on" is one of the golden phrases of P&B where a reaction is a cast iron guarantee. Even as other ones like PIN number have been rumbled, "roll on" just keeps on rolling on

Guest Moomintroll
"Roll on" is one of the golden phrases of P&B where a reaction is a cast iron guarantee. Even as other ones like PIN number have been rumbled, "roll on" just keeps on rolling on
I do apologise Moomin, would have sufficed.

A roll on beans? WTF? An egg banjo, aye but beans?
Beans are a fine addition to a roll. The best example of the genre being a roll on pie and beans.
I do apologise Moomin, would have sufficed.
See above, I won't change and I won't apologise. If u can't handle me at my worst u don't deserve me at my best.

Guest Moomintroll
See above, I won't change and I won't apologise. If u can't handle me at my worst u don't deserve me at my best.
You have a best?

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Beans are a fine addition to a roll. The best example of the genre being a roll on pie and beans.

Well, I get that - the walls of the pie will keep the beans in place. Still weird

By the way, is Alloa the only ground where you can get a roll on pie?

You have a best?
I never said how good my best was.
Well, I get that - the walls of the pie will keep the beans in place. Still weird

By the way, is Alloa the only ground where you can get a roll on pie?
It's the only one I have frequented.