Lockdown Achievements

I've made it before a few years ago and it was pretty good - I prefer a garlic sauce with my kebab to be honest, but on occasion have both chilli and garlic. Making both today will report back!
Preferring garlic sauce to chilli sauce slots right in beside your cold toast habit IMO.

Garlic sauce over chilli sauce every time. Used to love coming home after a few pints with a big kebab lathered in garlic sauce, chips and cheese on the side and grab another can of beer to lay in bed watching something like Fight Club, The Matrix or The Departed.

4 hours ago, throbber said:

The joe wicks workouts were closing in on a million people logged in for them last Wednesday/Thursday but he was down to under 600 thousand today. Not down to him IMO, mostly because our nation are a bunch of fat lazy slobs who get into a rut of laziness incredibly quickly. I expect him to be into the negative by the time this is all over.

Was he not the boy off eastenders who lined his walls with tinfoil and refused to go out? 

Way ahead of his time 

Cycled into town and got the wife's prescription so that's my lockdown achievement for the day. The only people ignoring social distancing were the groups of junkies wandering about the town centre arguing with each other. Wonder if they'll still be around a month from now? 

13 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Made a spreadsheet in what is my last day of employment.  Now I can sit on my arse watching Netflix without feeling guilty that I should be doing some work.

Should have password protected it or written some hidden formulas so they have to get you back in as a consultant on 200 quid an hour..

35 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Rugster said:
I've made it before a few years ago and it was pretty good - I prefer a garlic sauce with my kebab to be honest, but on occasion have both chilli and garlic. Making both today will report back!

Preferring garlic sauce to chilli sauce slots right in beside your cold toast habit IMO.

Stick it up your arse, mango man

Ive acquired a bottle of this 19 crimes “red wine”, their entry level effort in presume, for this evenings entertainment for the price of £6 from Asda - Toryglen. There were 3 different kinds available, the other 2 being “dark red” and “rum aged red” both priced £8 accordingly.

I was going for a few essentials anyway before I’m judged for being out the house.

Will report back my findings later.

7 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

19 crimes is the superdry of wine

Is this a bad thing?

I am eagerly awaiting Monkmans opinion of it as a couple of posters have come out and said it’s pish so my reputation could be on the line here. 

48 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Garlic sauce over chilli sauce every time. Used to love coming home after a few pints with a big kebab lathered in garlic sauce, chips and cheese on the side and grab another can of beer to lay in bed watching something like Fight Club, The Matrix or The Departed.

Eating in bed is absolutely vile. Gives me the boak. 

17 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Ive acquired a bottle of this 19 crimes “red wine”, their entry level effort in presume, for this evenings entertainment for the price of £6 from Asda - Toryglen. There were 3 different kinds available, the other 2 being “dark red” and “rum aged red” both priced £8 accordingly.

I was going for a few essentials anyway before I’m judged for being out the house.

Will report back my findings later.

Wine is an essential.  HTH.

3 hours ago, Dele said:

What meat did you use? 

For shish kebabs you need lamb steak (rump is most affordable) or chicken breast. 

If you want doner it needs to be a mix of horse and the victims of organised crime, taking care to discard the teeth and mince the bones finely. 

5 hours ago, Rugster said:

My favourite local kebab shop has closed until further notice and I'm gutted. As a result today I'm making a home made donner kebab from the Takeaway Secret book and I'm looking forward to it more than I should. 

Made my own a few months ago from scratch, a lot healthier than shop bought. 

20190517_205548.jpg

19 Crimes is absolutely honking.
Aldi do a lovely Ico Valley Malbec for around £5.50.  Before the lockdown came into force I relieved my local one of half a dozen.
I was in yesterday for milk and they had restocked, so will pick up another few bottles next time I'm in.
Also, their Carullo beer is really nice.

Just back from Aldi (first time I have had to queue to get into a shop), and managed to pick a couple of bottles of Uco Valley up (presume that’s the one you were talking about?). Got some steaks for dinner tomorrow night so hopefully will go well together!

8 minutes ago, Adam said:

Just back from Aldi (first time I have had to queue to get into a shop), and managed to pick a couple of bottles of Uco Valley up (presume that’s the one you were talking about?). Got some steaks for dinner tomorrow night so hopefully will go well together!

Uco Valley, yeah.  My autocorrect stepped in.

This one?

20200331_182202.jpg