Lockdown Achievements

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
33 minutes ago, mathematics said:
What do you want to know?

There's a lot needing explained. Go from the beginning

I feel that I sneeze a lot. I saw a programme around this time last year which mentioned someone who has been keeping a sneeze diary for a number of years. Considering that I was stuck in the house for the forseeable, I thought I'd start a sneeze diary. It might even come in handy when I go back to the docs trying to get an appointment with an ENT consultant concerning my fucked up septum [insert DW image here].

So, for a year, I have recorded the day, date, time, location, and number of sneezes in each sneezing episode. I am now at the stage where I can start analysis.

Edited by mathematics

I feel that I sneeze a lot. I saw a programme around this time last year which mentioned someone who has been keeping a sneeze diary for a number of years. Considering that I was stuck in the house for the forseeable, I thought I'd start a sneeze diary. It might even come in handy when I go back to the docs trying to get an appointment with an ENT consultant concerning my fucked up septum [insert DW image here].
So, for a year, I have recorded the day, date, time, location, and number of sneezes in each sneezing episode. I am now at the stage where I can start analysis.
Do you have any preliminary findings?

21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
24 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Do you have any preliminary findings?

I have sneezed 1953 times in the last year.

I sneeze, on average, 163 times a month, 38 times a week, 5 times a day.

Eyeballing the data, I sneeze more in the winter months (191, 193, 162) , and less in the summer months (171, 141, 132) . I'll need to consider the statistics for relevance here.

My main locations of sneezing are my desk (395 episodes), couch (189 episodes), bedroom (132 episodes), and kitchen (112 episodes). I'm certain that my sneezes are not location dependent, this is just where my time is spent.

On average, I sneeze twice during each episode. Maximum 7 times - which happened once.

The higher volume sneezing fits may be connected to being in the kitchen. Statistics required...

Edited by mathematics

Eyeballing the data, I sneeze more in the winter months (191, 193, 162) , and less in the summer months (171, 141, 132) . I'll need to consider the statistics for relevance here.
My main locations of sneezing are my desk (395 episodes), couch (189 episodes), bedroom (132 episodes), and kitchen (112 episodes). I'm certain that my sneezes are not location dependent, this is just where my time is spent.

This is fantastic. Well done [emoji122]

I'm going to consider the stats on:
Time series on the week - am I constant throughout the week, or is there a weekly pattern?
Are higher volume episodes related to a location?
Are sneezes constant throughout the day?
Are there any weather features which might be affecting ym sneezes? Summer pollen seems to be irrelevant at first glance.

Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays are well above average sneezing days.

Tuesdays and Wednesdays are spot on average sneezing days.

Saturdays and Sundays are well below average sneezing days.

I wonder if this is just an aritfact of reporting... or is work making me sneeze? Best I avoid it, just to make sure.

7 hours ago, mathematics said:

On average, I sneeze twice during each episode. Maximum 7 times - which happened once.

The higher volume sneezing fits may be connected to being in the kitchen. Statistics required...

Bless you.

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe the last of my lockdown achievements

Bought an old leg vice off eBay, In shit state, spring falling off, seized solid.

stripped it down

treated the parts with electrickery

20210430_123948-jpg.586492

nice results

painted and reassembled

and it even works!

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

Maybe the last of my lockdown achievements

Bought an old leg vice off eBay, In shit state, spring falling off, seized solid.

stripped it down

treated the parts with electrickery

20210430_123948-jpg.586492

nice results

painted and reassembled

and it even works!

Are Gary Holt’s knackers going in there? 

• 1 month later...
On 06/04/2020 at 19:18, Silverton End said:

Halfway through series 2 of The Shield but opted for Sergio Leone's "dollars trilogy" today, although they're not strictly a trilogy, as Van Cleef is a good guy until he re-appears as Angel Eyes in the 3rd movie.

A Fistful of Dollars, pretty raw with plenty violence.

A Few Dollars More, decent but not outstanding.

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly, a polished masterpiece.

Back to the gardening tomorrow & get the dead moss raked out.

I had to point out to someone on here before that Van Cleef plays 2 totally different characters in For a Few Dollars More and The Good, the bad and the ugly.  Technically the good the bad and the ugly is a prequel as it is set before the other 2.

I like all 3 films but For a Few Dollars More is probably my favourite