Lockdown Achievements

Just now, Granny Danger said:

How did you manage that? (He asks jealously)

I weirdly always lose weight when I'm inactive just because my appetite drops so much I think. No lattes with syrup on the way to work, no chocolate bars after lunch, no beer and no just buying a pizza on the way home because i can't be arsed doing anything else.

I've stopped using the local Tesco as a one-stop shopping trip. Have started using corner shop for milk, making more visits to the fishmonger and the butcher. Using cafes and restaurants that are offering meal delivery, and veg delivery. As well as being a more enjoyable shopping experience it might help them stay in business. I felt even better about doing this when I saw this in Private Eye

20200523_111123.thumb.jpg.3f1ea64199b10b1f0766d222ba084848.jpg

I’d been quite down about breaking a pair of sunglasses recently. Decided to see if I could fix them myself and with help from Mrs Par’s reading glasses and Amazon account I was able to source a kit for fixing glasses. 

With some dexterity and patience they are fixed! 

6E170DC5-22D6-4F22-835E-FE693C57435F.jpeg

20 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Candy-Bar-Stash-Chocolate-Cake-1024x790.

I haven't eaten chocolate for over 2 months and I WAS NOT READY FOR THIS.

Away for my plain porridge and peanut butter. 😔

I weirdly always lose weight when I'm inactive just because my appetite drops so much I think. No lattes with syrup on the way to work, no chocolate bars after lunch, no beer and no just buying a pizza on the way home because i can't be arsed doing anything else.
I spoke to my cousin a few weeks ago and he has lost 10lbs while working from home, for similar reasons as yourself. He always has a bar or two of chocolate when in the office as well as having a big meal in the canteen at lunch time. His missus has been making him far healthier stuff at home.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

How do you manage to not eat chocolate for 2 months? Serious question, it's really really hard for me. I feel if I can get rid of my sugar cravings I can push on much harder with my running etc. 

I managed it at the start of the year; didn't eat any sugar for two months. Your palete adjusts and you just eventually stop craving it. Just like any addiction, I suppose. I think you just have to treat it like a drug and say, "no more".

I'd only planned on cutting sugar out for a couple of months, but I (eventually) felt so much better without it and (bizarrely) had so much more energy that I think I'm going to do it permanently. I went back to my usual diet during lockdown and I've felt like crap for the past couple of months, and put back on all the weight I lost too.

28 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I managed it at the start of the year; didn't eat any sugar for two months. Your palete adjusts and you just eventually stop craving it. Just like any addiction, I suppose. I think you just have to treat it like a drug and say, "no more".

I'd only planned on cutting sugar out for a couple of months, but I (eventually) felt so much better without it and (bizarrely) had so much more energy that I think I'm going to do it permanently. I went back to my usual diet during lockdown and I've felt like crap for the past couple of months, and put back on all the weight I lost too.

It's such a huge problem for me and has been for years ever since I was massively overweight. I don't drink that much anymore at all, but sugar cravings just fail me every time. 

I don't munch my way through sweets and chocolate every day, but I do find myself getting something sweet. 

22 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

It's such a huge problem for me and has been for years ever since I was massively overweight. I don't drink that much anymore at all, but sugar cravings just fail me every time. 

I don't munch my way through sweets and chocolate every day, but I do find myself getting something sweet. 

I managed last year by keeping bananas in the house, and having a pack of raisins and a pack of cashews on my desk at home. I would turn to those instead of crisps and chocolate for habitual snacking. All out the window during lockdown...