Lockdown Achievements

Just now, Granny Danger said:

You realise that this gas powered thing is not a real barbecue.

Yeah but that's why hes knocking out several on the belt and you are fannying about hoping the weather holds out for the next four days till you can have one. 

Cost/benefit analysis falls heavily in favour of the gas bbq, even if I agree that charcoal tastes slightly better

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Yeah but that's why hes knocking out several on the belt and you are fannying about hoping the weather holds out for the next four days till you can have one. 

Cost/benefit analysis falls heavily in favour of the gas bbq, even if I agree that charcoal tastes slightly better

I had a feeling that you would be the first to respond!  BTW you can (real) barbecue in the rain.

I just don’t see the point of a gas barbecue but each to their own.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

I had a feeling that you would be the first to respond!  BTW you can (real) barbecue in the rain.

I just don’t see the point of a gas barbecue but each to their own.

Ideally I want both, but the real benefit of a gas one is in the fact that I use it at least 3 x as often as I would a charcoal one. That more than makes up for any slight deficit in flavour for me. Theres ways round that too. You get plenty flames and smoke inside the hood from a gas one so you still get a smoky flavour. Gas is much more controllable too for using as more of an oven. 

As I say though, 1 day I will get a wee charcoal guy to have both on the go.

Sent from my office at Outback Barbecues

30 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You realise that this gas powered thing is not a real barbecue.

Home at 4, eating burgers and drinking beer by 5 and no messing about cleaning out ashes or waiting for the coals to flame out. This is the future of outdoor eating and that bad boy only cost £50 new. 

16 minutes ago, stimpy said:

Home at 4, eating burgers and drinking beer by 5 and no messing about cleaning out ashes or waiting for the coals to flame out. This is the future of outdoor eating and that bad boy only cost £50 new. 

I’m glad your enjoying it.

Not so much achievement but cataloguing it in case.
Wife asked me earlier which one of her friends I would go with if I wasn't with her.
Avoided it by saying I wouldn't know them if it wasn't for her, then listed the single ones as they were single
apparently good answer
She has since decided to delve into past partners and timelines

08D8695B-F808-49B2-A6DF-69B2DB3F5693-711-0000013B23886790.jpg

Nothing good ever comes of this, refuse point blank to discuss anything from your past.

5 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

08D8695B-F808-49B2-A6DF-69B2DB3F5693-711-0000013B23886790.jpg

Nothing good ever comes of this, refuse point blank to discuss anything from your past.

Too late. His WiFi doesn’t reach the spare room...

08D8695B-F808-49B2-A6DF-69B2DB3F5693-711-0000013B23886790.jpg.638bdd9a0fa6daa8735ee4c00f825991.jpg

Absofuckinglutely.

Mrs B has kinda touched on stuff from my past a couple of times but not for years due to a massive hostile reaction from myself. I think and hope she got the message. Why do they do it though...... No one will ever know.

08D8695B-F808-49B2-A6DF-69B2DB3F5693-711-0000013B23886790.jpg.638bdd9a0fa6daa8735ee4c00f825991.jpg

Too late. His WiFi doesn’t reach the spare room...
I survived. Outcome was surprisingly in my favour.

Very confused on it all now.