Lockdown Achievements

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Just tried the Edx course for Linux basics to give me an idea on how good they are before starting the others. Have to say it’s excellent.

Going to refresh then try c programming and python.

You’re talking in a language that I don’t understand.

This morning I made a breakfast consisting of French toast, square, black pudding, bacon, tattie scone and poached eggs. Not something I’d ever usually have, but it was delightful.

I’ve just been an 11 mile walk to burn off said breakfast. During my walk I saw Ryan Christie, twice.

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
6 hours ago, Silverton End said:
The moss/weedkiller I put on the lawn earlier in the week is working a treat now after some light rain.
Need to try & get some grass seed out shopping this morning.

Have you scarafied it? I am choking to do this to my back grass but the thought if having to scarify it given that its 98% moss gives me the fear

I scarified mine this morning. Its not huge but i consider it a major achievement because my (cheap plastic) lawn rake shattered when i tried to use it so i did the whole thing with a 14" weeding rake/hoe thingie. 

I scarified mine this morning. Its not huge but i consider it a major achievement because my (cheap plastic) lawn rake shattered when i tried to use it so i did the whole thing with a 14" weeding rake/hoe thingie. 
That's a hard graft. I bought a machine sacrifier because it scunnered me after doing it twice.

14 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
38 minutes ago, coprolite said:

That's a hard graft. I bought a machine sacrifier because it scunnered me after doing it twice.

I'm considering miniaturising other garden tasks for exercise and time killing purposes. Might do the edges with secateurs. 

3 hours ago, philpy said:
3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:
Got the swimming pool cleaned out, refilled and heated up.  

Daily swims for the rest of the lockdown.  emoji846.png

^^^ Michael Barrymore

Until the Covid gets him and he's the body in Barrymore's pool! :o

Last weekend

Saturday: Cut the front grass, did a general tidy up cleaning up dead leaves etc, dead headed the flowering bush.

Sunday: Painted the back fence.

Today: set up the practice net and mat that I ordered months ago. I hope Pozbaird doesn't know where I live. Could put up an honesty box though.

Tomorrow: paint the gates, railings and clothes poles.
20200404_161557.jpg

Another thing I did today was watch some classic WC highlights on BBC.

That France Argentina game from 2018 deserves to go down as one the all time great World Cup matches and Benjamin Pavards goal is a thing of exquisite beauty.

25 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

That France Argentina game from 2018 deserves to go down as one the all time great World Cup matches and Benjamin Pavards goal is a thing of exquisite beauty.

I had Argentina in my work's pool that year

f**k the French

28 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I watched that in a bar in France. Epic.