Lockdown Achievements

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

What do you need to lift it for? 

To get access to the plug it’s flush against the wall, it switches on from the wall but I don’t think this isolates it.

It still works, I’ve worked on enough electrical items to know if the wires drop down the back it’s game over. Plus safety is a priority.

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

To get access to the plug it’s flush against the wall, it switches on from the wall but I don’t think this isolates it.

It still works, I’ve worked on enough electrical items to know if the wires drop down the back it’s game over. Plus safety is a priority.

Just shut down the supply for the house.  Stay safe etc.

fully intending this to be a weekend of much horticultural diligence; have ordered a DeWalt impact screwdriver to pick up from Screwfix tomorrow with the intention of disassembling a shitey piece of decking and using the planks to edge a prepared bed before planting raspberries, gooseberries, redcurrants and blackcurrants; have also bought wire to 'string' the things up on a yet to be constructed wooden frame, and a load of grass seed to replenish the lawns

however, have also bought multiple bottles of shepherd neame 1698 (6.5% abv - current ale of choice for the discerning toper), two bottles of italian red and some gin - so i may just get absolutely cunted and do none of the above - who knows...

Switch it off at the board

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Isolate the fuse in the main board? 

Guest Moomintroll

Levy has manufactured himself a massive bonus next year no doubt by his actions, hopefully the virus will get to the vile, greedy, grasping b*****d first. Not an achievement, just a fervent wish.

The moss/weedkiller I put on the lawn earlier in the week is working a treat now after some light rain.
Need to try & get some grass seed out shopping this morning.
Have you scarafied it? I am choking to do this to my back grass but the thought if having to scarify it given that its 98% moss gives me the fear

Just now, Bairnardo said:
15 minutes ago, Silverton End said:
The moss/weedkiller I put on the lawn earlier in the week is working a treat now after some light rain.
Need to try & get some grass seed out shopping this morning.

Have you scarafied it? I am choking to do this to my back grass but the thought if having to scarify it given that its 98% moss gives me the fear

The moss is turning black & dying, next week I'll rake it out. I'll hopefully get some grass seed today & scatter it next week after I rake the dead moss out.

I used a box of Westland moss/weedkiller/lawn feed combo. It's about a £5er just now

Guest Moomintroll
Got the weekly messages this morning, minimum of fuss, home, washed hands, started on breakfast, opened one pack of the twin-pack of bacon.
11 rashers instead of the quoted 7
11 fucking rashers
6yNN6QACsK4R.gif.0ded2f8f24ae7391ae65a7c91e876276.gif
#winningatlife

4 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
15 minutes ago, Silverton End said:
Got the weekly messages this morning, minimum of fuss, home, washed hands, started on breakfast, opened one pack of the twin-pack of bacon.
11 rashers instead of the quoted 7
11 fucking rashers
6yNN6QACsK4R.gif.0ded2f8f24ae7391ae65a7c91e876276.gif

#winningatlife

Small victories moomin, small victories.