Lockdown Achievements

Not exactly an achievement but feels like one. Exercise equipment has jumped in price to extortionate levels as people look to profit from people home exercising. Today I managed to buy a pull up bar when it looked like they had all sold out/only available ones were to arrive in a month after being shipped from China. But I’ve bought one and it says it will arrive next week. Pleasing.

Managed to make and egg/soya/gluten/dairy free waffle for daughter with lots food allergies. Melted down some of her chocolate bars too. 
She’s delighted.

Passing it off as home economics for home school too!

22 hours ago, throbber said:

There’s no fucking danger that Malbec from Aldi is nicer than 19 crimes. 

Not wanting to start another argument over red wine but I think a lot of the £5-8 Lidl and Aldi wines are really good and punch well above their prices. Lidl's Chianti Riserva and Primitivo are a lot better than most of what you find in the bigger supermarkets.

20 minutes ago, philpy said:

Made some onions bhajis. Not too bad for a first attempt, maybe a wee bit too crunchy. IMG_20200401_172500.jpegIMG_20200401_172737.jpeg

They look excellent but god almighty those nails. 

1 minute ago, GiGi said:

Not wanting to start another argument over red wine but I think a lot of the £5-8 Lidl and Aldi wines are really good and punch well above their prices. Lidl's Chianti Riserva and Primitivo are a lot better than most of what you find in the bigger supermarkets.

I'm sure one of the wines from one of those two won an award not so long ago 

Grass cut again, planted about 30 acidanthera bulbs along by the fence, the clematis are showing so put a couple of bamboo canes in to guide them.

Got a couple of packets of bee friendly meadow flower seeds at the weekend, maybe scatter them tomorrow.

Fell out with the missus, so will be watching The Shield in splendid isolation later.

Had a w**k and a nap on work time today. And a shite. 

I often do two of the three at work anyway, but it was nice to do them at home and be paid.

I did actual work as well mind, the stuff I'm paid to do.

Edited by DA Baracus

3 hours ago, Silverton End said:

Grass cut again, planted about 30 acidanthera bulbs along by the fence, the clematis are showing so put a couple of bamboo canes in to guide them.

Got a couple of packets of bee friendly meadow flower seeds at the weekend, maybe scatter them tomorrow.

Fell out with the missus, so will be watching The Shield in splendid isolation later.

You can make something called a bee bomb for scattering the seeds (not in the DA Baracus meaning in above post)