Lockdown Achievements

10 hours ago, RH33 said:

Any chance I can borrow a presher washer when someone’s finished their slabs and decking!?!

10 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Borrow a spellchecker while you’re at it. :rolleyes:

I thought it was Sean Connery. 

11 hours ago, throbber said:

DA has always had issue with posters who enjoy drinking responsibly when they have a bit of time off, not sure why it annoys him so much.

Just wait for the meltdown when this is all lifted and a harmless old lady holds the line up the the supermarket by paying with cash. 

troll GIF

17 minutes ago, throbber said:

The joe wicks workouts were closing in on a million people logged in for them last Wednesday/Thursday but he was down to under 600 thousand today. Not down to him IMO, mostly because our nation are a bunch of fat lazy slobs who get into a rut of laziness incredibly quickly. I expect him to be into the negative by the time this is all over.

Looks like a masterstroke from BBC Breakfast putting the green goddess Diana Moran on at around the same time if you ask me.

The joe wicks workouts were closing in on a million people logged in for them last Wednesday/Thursday but he was down to under 600 thousand today. Not down to him IMO, mostly because our nation are a bunch of fat lazy slobs who get into a rut of laziness incredibly quickly. I expect him to be into the negative by the time this is all over.
Lot of people don't do it live so the numbers will go up I'd imagine with folk tuning in later. The novelty was clearly going to wear off quite quickly anyway.

9 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:
1 hour ago, throbber said:

Lot of people don't do it live so the numbers will go up I'd imagine with folk tuning in later. The novelty was clearly going to wear off quite quickly anyway.

I suppose so, but the numbers are still going down and it’s not like people will have plans to be elsewhere when we are in lockdown!

His workouts are hardly a revolution but fair play to him for doing it, I like doing it live as it’s something to plan your day around, if you just catch up later in the day there’s always a chance you will just put it off to the point you don’t do it which is something that happens when you are idle.

Also a couple of bottles of 19 crimes. 

My good deed for yesterday was that I found a set of house keys at Richmond park, when I was out for a walk, so handed them in to the nearest police station.

Afterwards, I nipped into a co-op store just along from the station to see if I could acquire a bottle of this 19 Crimes. Unfortunately, it would appear to be rather popular, as it was sold out, which leads me to believe there may be some truth in your recommendation.

1 minute ago, MONKMAN said:

My good deed for yesterday was that I found a set of house keys at Richmond park, when I was out for a walk, so handed them in to the nearest police station.

Afterwards, I nipped into a co-op store just along from the station to see if I could acquire a bottle of this 19 Crimes. Unfortunately, it would appear to be rather popular, as it was sold out, which leads me to believe there may be some truth in your recommendation.

I’ve never got bought from a coop tbf, would need to try Asda if you have a big one near you. I don’t think Tesco or Sainsbury’s do it neither do Aldi or Lidl. Gonna have a couple glasses tonight i think. 

My favourite local kebab shop has closed until further notice and I'm gutted. As a result today I'm making a home made donner kebab from the Takeaway Secret book and I'm looking forward to it more than I should. 

5 minutes ago, Adam said:

Sorry Throbber, it is overpriced shite.

It’s not over priced for a start it’s £6 a bottle right now in Asda. Compared to a Malbec, Merlot or Rioja it’s far more flavoursome and goes down far better, there are so many bland red wines out there. 

15 minutes ago, Rugster said:

My favourite local kebab shop has closed until further notice and I'm gutted. As a result today I'm making a home made donner kebab from the Takeaway Secret book and I'm looking forward to it more than I should. 

I’ve done this a few times - personally found the slow cooker version works best. Good luck.

I cut the grass yesterday and changed my gas and electricity provider. Exhilarating.

It’s not over priced for a start it’s £6 a bottle right now in Asda. Compared to a Malbec, Merlot or Rioja it’s far more flavoursome and goes down far better, there are so many bland red wines out there. 

I’m sure I’ve seen it on sale for close to the £10 mark previously, which in my opinion, is massively overpriced. That said, the bottle we got in Morrison’s was down to £6 on special, but wish I hadn’t bothered tbh.

1 minute ago, Adam said:

I’m sure I’ve seen it on sale for close to the £10 mark previously, which in my opinion, is massively overpriced. That said, the bottle we got in Morrison’s was down to £6 on special, but wish I hadn’t bothered tbh.

I’ve seen it £6-£9 in fairness. I don’t know how any red wine drinker couldn’t like it but each to their own I suppose.