Lockdown Achievements

21 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
40 minutes ago, Rizzo said:
I now have chairs to go with my nice "new" table.
De-mossed the mono blocking round the back today and went over the slabs with the pressure washer. Will do the mono blocking tomorrow and then the back garden is pretty much sorted until I can get to B&Q to get sand.
20200328_140204.thumb.jpg.4f9a86d3db2011ded4c86d7d20351ae6.jpg

Looks good. Tesco has play sand for essential shopping. Saves you going to B & Q.

Good to know cheers! It's just for sweeping into the gaps.

On 27/03/2020 at 01:02, UpInTheAyr said:

For just starting running again I'd suggest following a couch to 5k plan. Gives a bit of structure and eases you into it, also gives you a goal to work to, with the plans usually being about 9 weeks long.

Could also look into how to run properly, which helps especially with avoiding injuries.

Cheers I might check that out and see if it helps.

I ran again today, managed 3.3k but I was burst by the end of it and had a wee 2 min rest in the middle and I was quite slow I think. Roasting today as well.

Legs feeling ok for 2nd run in 3 days tbh although maybe every 2nd day is ambitious just now and 1 in 3 is probably better. Feels like a bit of an achievement already, would definitely like to keep going.

Keeping up my consecutive days making my 5 year old cry.
Apparently being told not to jump on the couch is today's winner.
Past winners include:
Deleting duplicate recordings of paw patrol
Sitting on the same chair I had been for the last 2 hours because his kindle needed charged and the charger was beside me.
The microwave being turned off (1 year old discovered chairs can move and be climbed)
His pizza not being ready.
Ah the joys of being locked down

right – not strictly speaking a lockdown project, this has been ongoing for a couple of years, but I’ve had the time to really get stuck in to it over the last few days to get near completion

this is a toad in the hole table, the quintessential stupid Sussex pub game popular in and around Lewes (ten mile down the road from Hessian Towers); basically a lead slab about 13 x 16” with a hole in the middle. The brass discs are the toads, and you stand eight feet from the front of the table and try and chuck ‘em in the hole (one point if the thing lands flush on the lead surface, two points in the hole – there are further intricacies but I’ll spare you the tedium until we’re really climbing the walls).

You can buy the things ready-made, but they are the best part of five hundred quid, so I thought f**k that and went down the homemade route; swapped some rough cider for a load of old lead flashing off a chicken farming bloke near my previous house; since then, been melting it with a plumber’s blowtorch and pouring the molten lead in to a block – has taken fucking ages; bought a special conical drill bit to make the hole – very smart bit of kit that is, and at twenty quid represents the main outlay (other than a few canisters of campingaz for the torch)

First experimental chuck of the toads (lighter shown for scale) – second one down the hole.

I need to fit some copper sheet round the edges to smarten the thing up (which will make it unique – none of the pub versions have such finery), fix it on to a slightly more robust table and generally tart it up. Eventually, I’m going to fetch it down the local pub and get a team going (new leagues starts in the Autumn); this will prove the final justification for hours of ‘wasted time’ as it’ll be an excuse to get down the pub every Monday night – plus training sessions, of course !

IMG_4468.JPG.9f1fe4ca9b5c196d0a14a56ba77561d2.JPG  IMG_4465.JPG.ff97173477b3df9eb30552691fdeb767.JPG

25 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

right – not strictly speaking a lockdown project, this has been ongoing for a couple of years, but I’ve had the time to really get stuck in to it over the last few days to get near completion

this is a toad in the hole table, the quintessential stupid Sussex pub game popular in and around Lewes (ten mile down the road from Hessian Towers); basically a lead slab about 13 x 16” with a hole in the middle. The brass discs are the toads, and you stand eight feet from the front of the table and try and chuck ‘em in the hole (one point if the thing lands flush on the lead surface, two points in the hole – there are further intricacies but I’ll spare you the tedium until we’re really climbing the walls).

You can buy the things ready-made, but they are the best part of five hundred quid, so I thought f**k that and went down the homemade route; swapped some rough cider for a load of old lead flashing off a chicken farming bloke near my previous house; since then, been melting it with a plumber’s blowtorch and pouring the molten lead in to a block – has taken fucking ages; bought a special conical drill bit to make the hole – very smart bit of kit that is, and at twenty quid represents the main outlay (other than a few canisters of campingaz for the torch)

First experimental chuck of the toads (lighter shown for scale) – second one down the hole.

I need to fit some copper sheet round the edges to smarten the thing up (which will make it unique – none of the pub versions have such finery), fix it on to a slightly more robust table and generally tart it up. Eventually, I’m going to fetch it down the local pub and get a team going (new leagues starts in the Autumn); this will prove the final justification for hours of ‘wasted time’ as it’ll be an excuse to get down the pub every Monday night – plus training sessions, of course !

IMG_4468.JPG.9f1fe4ca9b5c196d0a14a56ba77561d2.JPG  IMG_4465.JPG.ff97173477b3df9eb30552691fdeb767.JPG

Looks awfie like a lighter to me.

32 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

I'm glad you've not been wasting your time.

1 hour ago, Herman Hessian said:

Sex table imo.

2 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

Nice to see you're getting your hole...