Lockdown Achievements

1 hour ago, Gaz FFC said:

Finally painted the shed I got nearly 2 years ago.

Gonnae paint the fence and the decking, will also probably get the ladder out and do the facia boards.

I've also got plans to tidy up the garden and do all those wee jobs you never seem to have time for.

Can't wait 😒

Mind phone 111 in advance. It saves a huge amount of triage waiting time at A+E. 

Re-sealed the bath. Any joiners or people that have re-sealed a bath before agree that white sealant/caulk is absolutely shite? Clear seems to be much better.
Caulk is a decorators filler, hopeless in a bathroom. You get specific bathroom sealant, which is anti-fungicidal, so stops mould and you can have any colour you want.

Caulk is a decorators filler, hopeless in a bathroom. You get specific bathroom sealant, which is anti-fungicidal, so stops mould and you can have any colour you want.

Is the correct answer. Whoever recommended using painters caulk to seal a bath should be keel hauled.

It wasn’t Caulk maybe the wrong choice of words. I’m a pencil pusher I know little about diy stuff. Both clear and White were unibond bathroom sealant.

I just think the white stuff takes longer to dry or I’ve used too much of it compared to the clear stuff.

2 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

It wasn’t Caulk maybe the wrong choice of words. I’m a pencil pusher I know little about diy stuff. Both clear and White were unibond bathroom sealant.

I just think the white stuff takes longer to dry or I’ve used too much of it compared to the clear stuff.

It depends on temperature and humidity the rate of curing, the cartridge should give curing guidelines.

Teached  my son  how to play dominoes

Found out that i'm 2nd best in the house at dominoes...seething

today is arm wrestling, put the little fucker back in his place, can't even ground him.

3 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Teached  my son  how to play dominoes

Found out that i'm 2nd best in the house at dominoes...seething

today is arm wrestling, put the little fucker back in his place, can't even ground him.

I bet you’re second best at grammar too.  Maybe you weren’t teached properly.

12 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

I see John Von Neumann’s up early.

Unable to sleep much past 6 a.m. is a pain at the best of times, but usually I’d be going to work or out for an early walk.  Hey ho.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Unable to sleep much past 6 a.m. is a pain at the best of times, but usually I’d be going to work or out for an early walk.  Hey ho.

pished the bed.  Read this you old c**t, if you've got time in your busy schedule after sacking your gardener. 

https://www.yourdictionary.com/teached

Verb

1. (nonstandard, colloquial, dialectal) simple past tense and past participle of teach

37 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

pished the bed.  Read this you old c**t, if you've got time in your busy schedule after sacking your gardener. 

https://www.yourdictionary.com/teached

Don’t accept that.

You can’t taught an old dog new tricks.

Just now, MONKMAN said:

Where’s your “blitz spirit” in these troubling times?

I have graduated in recent years to very low level electrical work in the house, and did once, out of necessity, "plumb" in a washing machine, however my general rule of thumb is that if my handlessness in the task can destroy my house, get a man in. Spread the wealth and get peace of mind. 

Water pipework falls very much in the beyond my skillset category. Despite many years of ripping into hydrocarbon pipework with little thought of consequence, my house was never in the firing line.....

I have graduated in recent years to very low level electrical work in the house, and did once, out of necessity, "plumb" in a washing machine, however my general rule of thumb is that if my handlessness in the task can destroy my house, get a man in. Spread the wealth and get peace of mind. 
Water pipework falls very much in the beyond my skillset category. Despite many years of ripping into hydrocarbon pipework with little thought of consequence, my house was never in the firing line.....

Isolate the supply, blow down the line, break containment, remove and replace pipe work, leak test, de-isolate.

I’ve got this.