Lockdown Achievements

59 minutes ago, The Gypsy King said:

I was at work because I'm "essential".

Me too apparently.  Although , I have to say , I’m not sure that delivering stuff from (mostly) Next and Amazon is essential for the nations’s welfare

I had smaller one and had couple bikes, lawn mower and strimmer in it. But sons bike was too big for it. As I rent decided on these rather than shed as I can take them with me.

Tomorrow is another trampoline!

4 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

And what my table looks like now. Still need to flip the chairs over and stain the underside but now I have seating and table space for 6. Reckon I'll have a few imaginary friends by the end of the month so it's all good.

20200324_180931.jpg

well done applause GIF by Ian Wright

I made sure all you lot will have coffins to be buried in. 

(ETA - biggest coffin maker in UK forgot to order extra nails and fasteners for the forthcoming surge)

Edited by NewBornBairn

52 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

I made sure all you lot will have coffins to be buried in. 

(ETA - biggest coffin maker in UK forgot to order extra nails and fasteners for the forthcoming surge)

Probably told this on here already..

My mum’s cousin John was Z-list showbiz type. Worked on cruise ships, minor tv extra stuff, panto etc.

On a Taggart shoot one day they were struggling to make a funeral scene look realistic as when lowering the coffin it was bobbling about and clearly too light. He volunteered to get in the coffin to add heft and all was well with the scene until the flimsy balsa wood coffin exploded into splinters and he crashed into the grave.

2 hours ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

I pulled up decking because we are getting a sunroom on the back. Now it looks like they won't be coming to build it and I have a 2 foot drop when I step out my back door.

Get the hose out (steady) and hey presto! A paddling pool.

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

Back on the guitar playing after a 6 year absence. Two hours a night for the last few weeks. Fingers hard as nails again and watch out Clapton. 

I'm the same (although not as long as 6 years, maybe about 1). So far learnt to play the start of Dream On by Aerosmith.

Muscle memory is a great thing, I can still solo over chords pretty well. Just not very fast.

1 hour ago, Rizzo said:

And what my table looks like now. Still need to flip the chairs over and stain the underside but now I have seating and table space for 6. Reckon I'll have a few imaginary friends by the end of the month so it's all good.

20200324_180931.jpg

will make a cool mortuary table for laying out the dead as the summer wears on; put them on a non-permeable layer, the body can be whisked away (aka tipped off) once due deference has been paid, and it's on with the wake using the same table - good work !

My wife is planning our sons activities this week and is doing a different theme for each week of lockdown. This weeks theme is ponds so she has made a box depicting a pond scene. I was told I had to contribute so I drew four frogs. I cannot draw. Here are the frogs

IMG_4639.jpg