Poty/ypoty so far

A lot of people mentioning Kieran MacDonald as PotY. He has been a brilliant player for us this year but it’s not really a contest tbh.

Would be quite funny to see Regan Hendry win the leagues PotY but not even get the Rovers PotY tbf 🤣

As Regan Hendry has been by far the best player in League One this year. Nobody even comes close tbh

13 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

As Regan Hendry has been by far the best player in League One this year. Nobody even comes close tbh

That's quite the statement given you've seen other players a max of 3 times. 

"By far" and "nobody comes close" based on absolutely bugger all.

I share the same view as many rovers fans that Dylan Tait is a better player.

Was more off the top of my head I would have said Lyons and Tait more deserved of the ypoty.

So you admit your, “not in the top 5” comment was total shite?

So you admit your, “not in the top 5” comment was total shite?
Well I'll sit and look (going on games I have seen)

Raith cm Tait
Montrose forward Lyons
Airdrie left back mccann
Montrose cm niang
Montrose rb ballantyne
Raith forward bowie
Dumbarton lb quitongo

That's prob the best 7. Make a top 5 out of that as you will. Mine is listed 1 to 7 :)

I can only go on his games against us but he's never stood out like the 5 before him have...

Will we do TOTY then? Can only really go by what I've seen from Clyde away games/highlights/couple of random games so don't shoot me if I'm wrong. I'll go 4-3-3.

David Mitchell

Leon McCann, Callum Fordyce, Iain Davidson, Kieran MacDonald

Regan Hendry, Joe McKee, Scott Agnew

Blair Lyons, David Goodwillie, Declan McManus

Edited by Brian Carrigan

Callum Smith on loan from Dumfermline and I never like to give an award to loan players. I made an exception a few years ago with Scott Fraser from Dundee Utd. ( now somewhere in England)  As to Callum he certainly has great energy and pace and pesters defences, but he lacks the finishing touches of Gallagher or Carrick . This is only his first full season and he will develop.
Ah. Didnt realise he was on loan. Quite agree

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Will we do TOTY then? Can only really go by what I've seen from Clyde away games/highlights/couple of random games so don't shoot me if I'm wrong. I'll go 4-3-3.

David Mitchell

Leon McCann, Callum Fordyce, Iain Davidson, Kieran MacDonald

Regan Hendry, Joe McKee, Scott Agnew

Blair Lyons, David Goodwillie, Declan McManus

Max Currie

48 minutes ago, monthe blues said:

Max Currie

Seen him concede 9 goals in two games at Broadwood this season and he looked suspect throughout. Seem to remember him being touted for a move to Livingston which felt bizarre to me given that he isn't even the best keeper in the Currie family! If he's been good elsewhere however, then fair play.

39 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Seen him concede 9 goals in two games at Broadwood this season and he looked suspect throughout. Seem to remember him being touted for a move to Livingston which felt bizarre to me given that he isn't even the best keeper in the Currie family! If he's been good elsewhere however, then fair play.

Mitchell has conceded 7 against us this season

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Au contraire, mon frere.

Hendry - 22 appearances, 1 goal, 4 (measly) assists.

Super Joe - 24 appearances, 2 goals, 12 assists.

No contest.

Really? Feck me! I would have expected much more in terms of assists at least, considering he can walk on water.

46 minutes ago, monthe blues said:

Mitchell has conceded 7 against us this season

... and Currie has conceded 9 against us.

So your justification that Currie has had a better season than Mitchell is that Currie has conceded 2 MORE goals in the Clyde/Stranraer head-to-heads in 19/20?

I can't begin to pretend that I understand that logic but everyone is entitled to their own way of judging things I suppose!

6 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

... and Currie has conceded 9 against us.

So your justification that Currie has had a better season than Mitchell is that Currie has conceded 2 MORE goals in the Clyde/Stranraer head-to-heads in 19/20?

I can't begin to pretend that I understand that logic but everyone is entitled to their own way of judging things I suppose!

i was not comparing, Both top keepers,cannot judge a keeper on goals conceded to one team as you were suggesting in your first post,Mitchell is held in high regard at stranraer where he was for 4 years

Edited by monthe blues