1st Club to go into Administration?

Which Club, if any will go into Administration first?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Just as the thread title suggest....

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/03/20 at 14:45

3 hours ago, bennett said:

The statement doesn't say that tho...

"  As a club, Rangers will immediately propose a member’s resolution which would release prize money to be distributed to all clubs throughout Scotland urgently. We believe that this is the priority in the present circumstances. It is vital to show respect for all clubs across the Scottish game, regardless of league position or financial standing. We must work together with a unity of purpose for the betterment of the Scottish game"

Never stop sevcoing...

Never stop kidding yourself.

52 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

What percentage of the prize money should Rangers receive, Bennett?

We deserve it.

Or as I've previously said an equal split (as a one off due to the circumstances)

I like the idea that anyone cares about sporting integrity in a league that happily manipulates post-split fixtures and ensures that the Old Firm doesn't play each other on the last game of the season.

If sporting integrity is what it's about I'm all for it. Start drawing post-split games out a hat, and it makes no difference if Celtic have to go to Ibrox 3 times or vice versa. Roughly one year in 6 should end with an OF finale, and if their moron fans can't behave it gets played behind closed doors. 

That's what sporting integrity means, and at the moment the league doesn't have it.

League play-off at Hampden between Celtic and Rangers to decide champions.

Gate money and TV revenue to be split among League 1 and 2 clubs in a philanthropic gesture from Scotland's two biggest clubs to make up for their loss of revenue during the lockdown.

Seems fair ...

2 hours ago, bennett said:

4 threads of PnBers up in arms would suggest there is a problem with a few on here,  damed if we do and damned if we don't...

Just abandoning the league and nominating winners and losers while there's still games to play doesn't sit well with me. The spfl is the clubs,  at times we seem to forget that.

It doesn’t sit particularly well with me either, or, regardless of any potential snide comments from you, probably every other football fan in Scotland. However, as I said earlier, would Rangers in particular be willing to ensure that this season is finished at the possible expense of no European places for Scottish clubs for the next European competitions due to not having finished our season in time?

Edited by kingjoey

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It doesn’t sit particularly well with me either, or, regardless of any potential snide comments from you, probably every other football fan in Scotland. However, as I said earlier, would Rangers in particular be willing to ensure that this season is finished at the possible expense of no European places for Scottish clubs for the next European competitions due to not having finished our season in time. 

No and, of course, finishing the season now or waiting to try to see the season out would see the same champions crowned.   Celtic will win the league either way, being realistic.

But our position is pretty much the most recent one from UEFA  - try and find a way of finishing the season - and our call for distribution of some prize money is fair and pragmatic.  

1 hour ago, milton75 said:

I like the idea that anyone cares about sporting integrity in a league that happily manipulates post-split fixtures and ensures that the Old Firm doesn't play each other on the last game of the season.

If sporting integrity is what it's about I'm all for it. Start drawing post-split games out a hat, and it makes no difference if Celtic have to go to Ibrox 3 times or vice versa. Roughly one year in 6 should end with an OF finale, and if their moron fans can't behave it gets played behind closed doors. 

That's what sporting integrity means, and at the moment the league doesn't have it.

They also never get an uneven split of home and away games against each other because of the split.  Funny that, eh?  Has the cheeks derby ever been played on the first day of the season?  

7 hours ago, HooseLee said:

They also never get an uneven split of home and away games against each other because of the split.  Funny that, eh?  Has the cheeks derby ever been played on the first day of the season?  

Exactly, it's a joke. Sporting integrity apparently doesn't matter when: folk throw coins at refs, when morons scrap outside the stadium, when a TV company gets upset, etc.

EDIT: To be even-handed about this, the league is just as bad when it comes to other derby games. When Hearts and Hibs both end up top or bottom they try to balance those games too. I assume the same applies to the Dundee clubs; I'd have to check the league history. 
It's ridiculous. It's basically saying to everyone else that it's fine for Hamilton to have to go to Rugby Park for an extra game but not fine for Hearts to have to go to Easter Road. Absolute sham of a league.

Edited by milton75

9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

No and, of course, finishing the season now or waiting to try to see the season out would see the same champions crowned.   Celtic will win the league either way, being realistic.

But our position is pretty much the most recent one from UEFA  - try and find a way of finishing the season - and our call for distribution of some prize money is fair and pragmatic.  

I think that it is magnanimous of Rangers to have the greater good of Scottish football to the forefront of their thinking.

32 minutes ago, milton75 said:

Exactly, it's a joke. Sporting integrity apparently doesn't matter when: folk throw coins at refs, when morons scrap outside the stadium, when a TV company gets upset, etc.

EDIT: To be even-handed about this, the league is just as bad when it comes to other derby games. When Hearts and Hibs both end up top or bottom they try to balance those games too. I assume the same applies to the Dundee clubs; I'd have to check the league history. 
It's ridiculous. It's basically saying to everyone else that it's fine for Hamilton to have to go to Rugby Park for an extra game but not fine for Hearts to have to go to Easter Road. Absolute sham of a league.

In any other sport (and football in some countries) if you could decide the remaining fixtures with 6 games to go you would always put the top 2 as the final game. You have an opportunity to create a league decider in the final match of the season but because of their behaviour the last old firm fixture is scheduled so as to never be a title decider.

12 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

I think all 12 teams should take an even split of we're truly interested in saving the Scottish game.

I think it should be an even split every season. Why reward the most successful team with more money? It kills competition. The top 3-4 teams get to go to Europe so get more money through that anyway. 

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I disagree with that, but it should be on a much more even split. Competition needs to be encouraged to create a better product. Football isn't a race where you want to put all your competitors out of business. 

How is splitting prize money evenly an attempt at putting the competition out of business? Surely more money for the lower placed teams helps them in building a better squad which in turn makes the league more competitive.

The encouragement should be to win cups and leagues and qualify for Europe, which by nature will bring more money to these teams anyway. You are rewarding the best teams at every point. Celtic and Rangers get a bigger slice of the pie in TV money, prize money, European money. They also make way more money in commercial and sponsorship and any other avenue.

There needs to be a balance in encouraging competition and letting the good teams prosper. I believe we are nowhere near a good balancing point.

The prize money is 1 factor, SPL prize money £25m:

1st -£3.3m

12th - £1.1m

It could go 2m each team. Celtics revenue is around £80m, the bottom 7 teams (stature wise) is roughly less then £5m. 

Celtic would barely notice the difference, every other team would massively notice the difference.

Celtic would still win everything going and the rest would be sightly better off.

Edited by ahemps

4 hours ago, milton75 said:

You're completely right about our derby as well.  Guilty of being a bit blinkered there.   No league should be set up so these things might happen.  It even means some fans get less value for money on their season tickets than others.   

Want to add a question for older posters.   When they reduced the set up in the 70's, was it down to the fact that Celtic were then dominating the league during their none in a row period and was that one of the reasons for changing things.  I think times have changed and we shouldn't be referring back to that period as a reason not to extend the league. 

20 minutes ago, HooseLee said:

You're completely right about our derby as well.  Guilty of being a bit blinkered there.   No league should be set up so these things might happen.  It even means some fans get less value for money on their season tickets than others.   

Want to add a question for older posters.   When they reduced the set up in the 70's, was it down to the fact that Celtic were then dominating the league during their none in a row period and was that one of the reasons for changing things.  I think times have changed and we shouldn't be referring back to that period as a reason not to extend the league. 

Those were the days, 1955 - 1965 if I remember correctly.

7 hours ago, ahemps said:

I think it should be an even split every season. Why reward the most successful team with more money? It kills competition. The top 3-4 teams get to go to Europe so get more money through that anyway. 

You would certainly improve competition by doing that but would it not also theoretically make it harder for Championship teams to compete against the team in the play off spot as they would have an even greater financial advantage?

Edited by santheman