1st Club to go into Administration?

Which Club, if any will go into Administration first?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Just as the thread title suggest....

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/03/20 at 14:45

23 minutes ago, craigkillie said:
10 hours ago, bennett said:
As a one off for this season, couldn't they have made every club the same. 

Only if they wanted to put top flight clubs out of business. If you budget for the minimum top flight prize money and then end up with substantially less than that it's going to be a real struggle at that stage.

This is a time when we should all stick together and look out for each other. 

£400k for 3 premiership teams and 2 of them if we're being honest don't really need it, £157k for the rest. That doesn't seem fair to me.

£26k for the championship teams, a hell of a drop and we could see teams down there struggling. 

£3k/ish for league 1 and just over £1k for league 2, come on we can do better that.

This is a time when we should all stick together and look out for each other. 

£400k for 3 premiership teams and 2 of them if we're being honest don't really need it, £157k for the rest. That doesn't seem fair to me.
£26k for the championship teams, a hell of a drop and we could see teams down there struggling. 
£3k/ish for league 1 and just over £1k for league 2, come on we can do better that.

I don’t think it should be an equal split.

Every club has a different requirement to cover costs, but I disagree with the split yesterday based on league placings.

A disproportionate amount (imo) went to the top 3 at a time when league placings shouldn’t matter a great deal. That will sound like sour grapes as Aberdeen just missed out but I do believe that.

11 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I don’t think it should be an equal split.

Every club has a different requirement to cover costs, but I disagree with the split yesterday based on league placings.

A disproportionate amount (imo) went to the top 3 at a time when league placings shouldn’t matter a great deal. That will sound like sour grapes as Aberdeen just missed out but I do believe that.

It's prize money, so of course league placings matter. If Aberdeen end up being confirmed as finishing in 4th then you'll get a massive chunk next time and Motherwell will get much less.

I don’t think even payments should be equal, however there does seem to be a biased towards the top 3 especially. 

Had a look at the tables and it seems these 3 are the only ones guaranteed top 6? If so it makes a little more justified as they can be given more knowing that their final positions will be 6th at worst when everyone else’s are abit more variable. 

calculating the lowest final positions of the other clubs is more complex with more games to calculate with so I can understand restricting this based only on the top 6 premiership sides. 

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It's prize money, so of course league placings matter. If Aberdeen end up being confirmed as finishing in 4th then you'll get a massive chunk next time and Motherwell will get much less.

It shouldn't matter a great deal.

And I'm not advocating an equal split, merely that the disparity between the top 3 and the rest is too great, at a time when liquidity of clubs is more important than rewarding league places.

If we were currently sitting 3rd I wouldn't feel comfortable with us receiving more than double Motherwell's pot. £1.2m between 3 clubs and £1.4m between 9 clubs at this present moment of crisis seems like madness to be quite honest. (and yes I understand that it's a top 6 split thing)

I'm a Celtic supporter. And if possible the £395000 that we are getting should be given to the 30 clubs in the other 3 divisions. We are the richest club and I think it would be a great gesture if we would do that. That's £13000 each and would go a massive way to help all those clubs. Motherwell definitely need that money but Rangers should also make that gesture in my opinion

It's 12 quid to get into Edinburgh City matches and we don't have many season ticket holders so most revenue comes from the paying punter at the gate.

The grand City will get equals the gate from around 85 paying adults into one game only. Hardly seems generous.

6 hours ago, atfccfc said:

I'm a Celtic supporter. And if possible the £395000 that we are getting should be given to the 30 clubs in the other 3 divisions. We are the richest club and I think it would be a great gesture if we would do that. That's £13000 each and would go a massive way to help all those clubs. Motherwell definitely need that money but Rangers should also make that gesture in my opinion

This is never going to happen because Celtic stopped being charitable an age ago.

Celtic PLC are now just another ruthless, money making business.

The fans still have the old romanticised image of their club though, bless, but if it helps sell tickets...  :)

On ‎24‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 03:01, sjc said:

Ok, so with armageddon upon us, which Club (if any will officially go into Administration first? The vast majority will no doubt think it will be Rangers* but that doesn't mean to say they'll "blink first"!

Who'll pull that trigger???

Dave King's just walked - a happy coincidence?