1st Club to go into Administration?

Which Club, if any will go into Administration first?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Just as the thread title suggest....

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/03/20 at 14:45

Another scenario might be that club football wont restart until September - about half the Premiership players are probably out of contract from June - who will pay their wages?

I cant see many clubs volunteering to extend contracts with no income coming in.

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Would be amazed if it’s us.

I was basing my thoughts on your Chairman saying how close to financial meltdown after that Nigerian scam the other year. That's not to say Hamilton are usually run prudently, just that there's not much margin for error.

Another scenario might be that club football wont restart until September - about half the Premiership players are probably out of contract from June - who will pay their wages?
I cant see many clubs volunteering to extend contracts with no income coming in.

I suspect that the PFA's position on playing behind closed doors might soften somewhat when this inevitably comes to pass. That is, of course, assuming that we're through the worst of it by then but that large gatherings are still not allowed.

2 hours ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

I can see a big reduction in squad numbers and a lot of young players getting their chance next season 

Not necessarily a bad thing. The standard could hardly get any worse than what the overpaid majority are serving up. 

8 hours ago, big al said:

Amazes me that fans presume because some people are either on the board or associated with a club and they have a lot of money, that they will pump it in when the club needs it.

People tend not to get rich by throwing money into a black hole.

Take Aberdeen as an example. Costs 1.2 million a month to run the club. No games and a shut down for 4 months is around 5 million needed with little income. There’s not a chance in a million Cormack will put 5 million in to cover it.

And neither he should. 
Wages need to be cut accordingly at this unique time in life, just like any other business.

Was 1.2 multiplied by 4 really too difficult to calculate?

14 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Was 1.2 multiplied by 4 really too difficult to calculate?

Was just stating from the club announcement mate, everything is roughly. 
sure it’s not exactly 1.2 per month, sure it’s not exactly 4 months with no income.

nobody knows if there will even be games this year!  

1 hour ago, big al said:

Was just stating from the club announcement mate, everything is roughly. 
sure it’s not exactly 1.2 per month, sure it’s not exactly 4 months with no income.

nobody knows if there will even be games this year!  

Aye, I was just having a laugh.

True, let's hope we see football back sooner rather than later.

Rangers will be fine, sadly. Theyll simply put season tickets up for sale and the fans will buy them, and that's them sorted. Suspect Hearts could do the same, and if not Budge will just go around shops buying all the toilet roll, drawing a Hearts badge on it then selling it for £200 a pop.
Celtic zero chance.
Motherwell seem financially sound in terms of money in the bank so should be fine, same with St Johnstone. 
Aberdeen, Hibernian and Ross County have investors willing to pump in millions. 
No idea how Kilmarnock, Livingston and Hamilton sit in terms of finances, tbh. Livi and Hamilton stand out due to low season ticket sales. Livi have Martindale who can simply sell his stock via home delivery, while Hamilton have a Nigerian Prince to fall back on. 
Kilmarnock are my shout.
Nice of you not to mention us at all.

Rangers should be okay. They had about 4 or 5 home games to play where match day income would have generated about another 5k ticket sales per game so the club is only losing out on about £1m. They would arguably have incurred more than £1m in performance related bonus payments to the players if they'd finished the season so it probably won't make too much of a difference in the end. That Euro run this season has been massive, especially squeezing in a final home game on the day of the shutdown.

In a worst case sceniario, where maybe 10-20 of the clubs in the top 4 leagues go into administration at approximately the same time, how do the league deal with it? Are all of them hit with a 15 point deduction or is that rule ignored due to the circumstances that brought it about?

Long term this should lead to big changes in financial governance in the game. Clubs should have to post some kind of bond that covers a set amount of the wage for the year ahead. Granted, it wouldn't be possible for that to happen overnight but it is something that should be built towards.

ETA: Hamilton were my guess.

Edited by Ross.